Montreal, QC – February 17, 2022
Rockshots Records Signs OUTSHINE For New Album “The Awakening” Due Out May 2022
Post Album Teaser
Rockshots Records is proud to announce their signing of Swedish goth rock/metal band Outshine for the release of their new album “The Awakening” this coming May 2022. The band has released four previous studio albums since beginning in 2007 along with multiple US tours between 2005-2014, touring with Paradise Lost twice in Europe in 2013 and 2018 plus performing over 300 shows worldwide.
Outshine has always had a vision of darkness and melancholy in a visual landscape with dark tunes accompanying them ever since the very start when founder, guitarist, and vocalist Jimmy Boman started the band.
The new songs on “The Awakening” are produced by Jimmy Boman & Kenny Boufadene at Studio Meltdown, Sweden, and were recorded and re-recorded numerous times at Grand Recordings, Gothenburg, Sweden between 2015-2019. Final recordings were done in 2020 at Studio Meltdown, Kungsbacka, Sweden.
The band had this to say about the upcoming release:
“Well, “The Awakening” is about what has happened in the world during the pandemic. Covid-19 times has taken a toll on the music world and showed that in troubling times the ones in power, the elites, don´t care about the common person.
The lies, corruption, hidden agendas, and the rise of fascist behaviour from both unknown and known “leaders” that expands anything we´ve seen in decades are influencing and misleading people around the world making them turn on each other.
A depraved glorification of the elite that hasn´t the common human being in mind has risen.
Identity politics that put people in boxes to divide us, modern segregation in the making. Our “heroes” are lecturing us on how to think and behave despite that they are totally disconnected from the reality common people live in. This is in company with parts of the mainstream media, pushing society to silence, submission, and during the pandemic, financial disaster.
The pandemic has clearly shown who gains and who is not. The poor and middle-class are getting poorer, the rich insanely rich and the politicians folding to comply to not be targeted.”
“The Awakening” will feature eight dark, melancholy, film noir-ish, heavy, and gloomy tracks with more of a Sisters Of Mercy, Paradise Lost & Type O Negative feel to it with influences from 1980’s horror movies soundscapes. The album will be supported with a few music videos that will have storytelling and show how everything is connected.
“The album’s first songs are about the dark side of the pandemic and then the other songs turn more to fighting back, realizing that you yourself need to wake up and open your eyes. The final songs are about we, the common people, need to unite and fight back. Should you trust everything that is said and shown in mainstream media and TV? The idea of this record is to get the listener deep into darkness and soul-searching to awake and open their eyes. I really hope they hear, see, and feel that now, finally, all pieces are in place for what Outshine should be all about. The videos we plan to present, the sound, the lyrics, are all in sync. And that they take the lyrics to heart since they are as important as a reflection on what has happened in society the last few years during the pandemic.”
Album Teaser – https://youtu.be/uui6XTKqM_E
For fans of Paradise Lost, HIM, and Type O Negative, “The Awakening” is due out May 13, 2022.
1. It´s All Lies – 7:03
2. Our Misery – 4:47
3. Love Is Dead – 4:16
4. Swe Hates Me – 4:15
5. No More Reasons – 3:39
6. Darkness Within (Agony) – 4:26
7. I Was The One – 4:37
8. We Know Who You Are – 7:55
Album Length: 41:05
Jimmy Boman – Vocals, Guitars
Niklas Ingvarsson – Bass
– Mixed & Mastered by Kenny Boufadene at Studio Meltdown, Kungsbacka, Sweden – Summer & Fall 2020.
– Produced by Kenny Boufadene & Jimmy Boman at Studio Meltdown, Kungsbacka, Sweden 2020.
– Recorded and re-recorded numerous times at Grand Recordings, Gothenburg, Sweden 2015-2019. Final recordings at Studio Meltdown, Kungsbacka, Sweden 2020.
– Cover Design by Gustavo Sazes.
– Photography by Hanna Eliasson.
Music and Lyrics:
– “It´s All Lies” & “Our Misery”
Music by Jimmy Boman, Mattias Claesson & Anders Carlberg
Lyrics by Jimmy Boman & Mattias Claesson
– “Love Is Dead”
Music by Jimmy Boman, Fredrik Kretz, Erlend Jegstad & Anders Carlberg
Lyrics by Jimmy Boman & Erlend Jegstad
– “Swe Hates Me”, “Darkness Within (Agony)”, “I Was The One”, “No More Reasons” & “We Know Who You Are”
Music by Jimmy Boman
Lyrics by Jimmy Boman & Mikael Holm
Guitars, bass, electronics, synthesizers, piano, strings & arrangements by Jimmy Boman.
Drums on the recording by Andreas Larsson except “Darkness Within (Agony)” by Jonas Källsbäck.
– Heartbeats on “I Was The One” by Sixten Boman.
For more info:
– Album “Bad Things Always End Bad” (2007 Dead Tree Music / Sound Pollution)
– Single “Love For The Music” (2009 Dead Tree Music / Sound Pollution)
– Album “Until We Are Dead” (2009 Dead Tree Music / Sound Pollution)
– Single “Addiction” (2013 Dead Tree Music / Sound Pollution)
– Single “I Was Nothing” (2013 Dead Tree Music / Sound Pollution)
– Single “Falling” (2013 Dead Tree Music / Sound Pollution)
– Album “Prelude To Descent” (2013 Dead Tree Music / Sound Pollution)
– Single “Agony” (2014 Dead Tree Music / Sound Pollution)
– Album “1313” (2018 GAIN / Dead Tree Group) – CANCELLED
– Single “Love Is Dead” (2019 Dead Tree Group / Sound Pollution)
– Single “Nightcall” (2020 Dead Tree Group / Sound Pollution)
– Album ”The Awakening” (2022 Rockshots Records)
ASHER MEDIA RELATIONS
Jon Asher – Music Publicist