Montreal, QC – February 25, 2022
Rockshots Records – What You Need To Know… “It’s All Lies”
OUTSHINE Reveal First Single Off Upcoming Album “The Awakening” Out May 2022
“The Awakening” Out May 13th
Swedish goth rock/metal band Outshine will be presenting their fifth full-length “The Awakening” this coming May 2022 via Rockshots Records. The album follows their four previous LPs since beginning in 2007. With a vision of darkness and melancholy in a visual landscape, their forthcoming album is all about what has happened in the world during pandemic times.
“This Covid-19 era has taken a toll on the music world and showed that in troubling times the ones in power, the elites, don´t care about the common person. The lies, corruption, hidden agendas, and the rise of fascist behaviour from both unknown and known “leaders” that expands anything we´ve seen in decades are influencing and misleading people around the world making them turn on each other. A depraved glorification of the elite that hasn´t the common human being in mind has risen. The pandemic has clearly shown who gains and who doesn’t. The poor and middle-class are getting poorer, the rich insanely rich and the politicians folding to comply to not be targeted.” says band founder, guitarist, and vocalist Jimmy Boman.
Outshine‘s new music video for its single “It’s All Lies” visualizes Boman’s statement. Should we trust mainstream media or political leaders just because they look or behave nice? And if we don´t obey, will they hunt us down?
Watch “It’s All Lies” at https://youtu.be/L2KeeE2X_F8
Digital – https://bfan.link/it-s-all-lies
Outshine‘s new album “The Awakening” was produced by Jimmy Boman & Kenny Boufadene at Studio Meltdown, Sweden, and was recorded and re-recorded numerous times at Grand Recordings, Gothenburg, Sweden between 2015-2019. Final recordings were done in 2020 at Studio Meltdown, Kungsbacka, Sweden.
“The Awakening” will feature eight dark, melancholy, film noir-ish, heavy, and gloomy tracks with more of a Sisters Of Mercy, Paradise Lost & Type O Negative feel to it with influences from 1980’s horror movies soundscapes.
“The album’s first songs are about the dark side of the pandemic and then the other songs turn more to fighting back, realizing that you yourself need to wake up and open your eyes. The final songs are about we, the common people, need to unite and fight back. Should you trust everything that is said and shown in mainstream media and TV? The idea of this record is to get the listener deep into darkness and soul-searching to awake and open their eyes. I really hope they hear, see, and feel that now, finally, all pieces are in place for what Outshine should be all about. The videos we plan to present, the sound, the lyrics, are all in sync. And that they take the lyrics to heart since they are as important as a reflection on what has happened in society the last few years during the pandemic.”
Album Teaser – https://youtu.be/uui6XTKqM_E
For fans of Paradise Lost, HIM, and Type O Negative, “The Awakening” is due out May 13, 2022.
1. It´s All Lies – 7:03
2. Our Misery – 4:47
3. Love Is Dead – 4:16
4. Swe Hates Me – 4:15
5. No More Reasons – 3:39
6. Darkness Within (Agony) – 4:26
7. I Was The One – 4:37
8. We Know Who You Are – 7:55
Album Length: 41:05
Jimmy Boman – Vocals, Guitars
Niklas Ingvarsson – Bass
– Mixed & Mastered by Kenny Boufadene at Studio Meltdown, Kungsbacka, Sweden – Summer & Fall 2020.
– Produced by Kenny Boufadene & Jimmy Boman at Studio Meltdown, Kungsbacka, Sweden 2020.
– Recorded and re-recorded numerous times at Grand Recordings, Gothenburg, Sweden 2015-2019. Final recordings at Studio Meltdown, Kungsbacka, Sweden 2020.
– Cover Design by Gustavo Sazes.
– Photography by Hanna Eliasson.
Music and Lyrics:
– “It´s All Lies” & “Our Misery”
Music by Jimmy Boman, Mattias Claesson & Anders Carlberg
Lyrics by Jimmy Boman & Mattias Claesson
– “Love Is Dead”
Music by Jimmy Boman, Fredrik Kretz, Erlend Jegstad & Anders Carlberg
Lyrics by Jimmy Boman & Erlend Jegstad
– “Swe Hates Me”, “Darkness Within (Agony)”, “I Was The One”, “No More Reasons” & “We Know Who You Are”
Music by Jimmy Boman
Lyrics by Jimmy Boman & Mikael Holm
Guitars, bass, electronics, synthesizers, piano, strings & arrangements by Jimmy Boman.
Drums on the recording by Andreas Larsson except “Darkness Within (Agony)” by Jonas Källsbäck.
– Heartbeats on “I Was The One” by Sixten Boman.
– Album “Bad Things Always End Bad” (2007 Dead Tree Music / Sound Pollution)
– Single “Love For The Music” (2009 Dead Tree Music / Sound Pollution)
– Album “Until We Are Dead” (2009 Dead Tree Music / Sound Pollution)
– Single “Addiction” (2013 Dead Tree Music / Sound Pollution)
– Single “I Was Nothing” (2013 Dead Tree Music / Sound Pollution)
– Single “Falling” (2013 Dead Tree Music / Sound Pollution)
– Album “Prelude To Descent” (2013 Dead Tree Music / Sound Pollution)
– Single “Agony” (2014 Dead Tree Music / Sound Pollution)
– Album “1313” (2018 GAIN / Dead Tree Group) – CANCELLED
– Single “Love Is Dead” (2019 Dead Tree Group / Sound Pollution)
– Single “Nightcall” (2020 Dead Tree Group / Sound Pollution)
– Album ”The Awakening” (2022 Rockshots Records)
ASHER MEDIA RELATIONS
Jon Asher – Music Publicist