Montreal, QC – April 4, 2022
Rockshots Records – OUTSHINE Unveil “Our Misery” Off Upcoming Album “The Awakening”
“The Awakening” Out May 13th
Swedish goth rock/metal band Outshine will be presenting their fifth full-length “The Awakening” this coming May 2022 via Rockshots Records. The album follows their four previous LPs since forming in 2007. With a vision of darkness and melancholy in a visual landscape, their forthcoming album is all about what has happened in the world during pandemic times.
“This Covid-19 era has taken a toll on the music world and showed that in troubling times the ones in power, the elites, don´t care about the common person. The lies, corruption, hidden agendas, and the rise of fascist behaviour from both unknown and known “leaders” that expands anything we´ve seen in decades are influencing and misleading people around the world making them turn on each other. A depraved glorification of the elite that hasn´t the common human being in mind has risen. The pandemic has clearly shown who gains and who doesn’t. The poor and middle-class are getting poorer, the rich insanely rich and the politicians folding to comply to not be targeted.” says band founder, guitarist, and vocalist Jimmy Boman.
“The Awakening” will feature eight dark, melancholy, film noir-ish, heavy, and gloomy tracks with more of a Sisters Of Mercy, Paradise Lost & Type O Negative feel to it with influences from 1980’s horror movies soundscapes.
Today, the band shares their music video for the album’s second single “Our Misery”. Similar to their first single “It´s All Lies”, except this track is more about “our” misery, our plague.
“OUR MISERY” is about the last few years under Covid when the totalitarian movement spread like a wildfire. All the lies, the biased mainstream media spreading fear and pushing narratives that divided people even further. But the thing is that this is not their misery, their grief. It’s everyone’s misery, “Our Misery”, our plague. We think it is someone else’s problem and as long as I comply, everything will be fine. But that is not the way, we are all in it together. It’s our misery and we need to unite, we need to enlighten our fellow man to evolve and get out of this movement.” adds Boman.
Watch “Our Misery” at https://youtu.be/m6ujH1FXaQY
Digital – https://bfan.link/our-misery
For fans of Paradise Lost, HIM, and Type O Negative, “The Awakening” is due out May 13, 2022.
1. It´s All Lies – 7:03
2. Our Misery – 4:47
3. Love Is Dead – 4:16
4. Swe Hates Me – 4:15
5. No More Reasons – 3:39
6. Darkness Within (Agony) – 4:26
7. I Was The One – 4:37
8. We Know Who You Are – 7:55
Album Length: 41:05
Jimmy Boman – Vocals, Guitars
Niklas Ingvarsson – Bass
– Mixed & Mastered by Kenny Boufadene at Studio Meltdown, Kungsbacka, Sweden – Summer & Fall 2020.
– Produced by Kenny Boufadene & Jimmy Boman at Studio Meltdown, Kungsbacka, Sweden 2020.
– Recorded and re-recorded numerous times at Grand Recordings, Gothenburg, Sweden 2015-2019. Final recordings at Studio Meltdown, Kungsbacka, Sweden 2020.
– Cover Design by Gustavo Sazes.
– Photography by Hanna Eliasson.
Music and Lyrics:
– “It´s All Lies” & “Our Misery”
Music by Jimmy Boman, Mattias Claesson & Anders Carlberg
Lyrics by Jimmy Boman & Mattias Claesson
– “Love Is Dead”
Music by Jimmy Boman, Fredrik Kretz, Erlend Jegstad & Anders Carlberg
Lyrics by Jimmy Boman & Erlend Jegstad
– “Swe Hates Me”, “Darkness Within (Agony)”, “I Was The One”, “No More Reasons” & “We Know Who You Are”
Music by Jimmy Boman
Lyrics by Jimmy Boman & Mikael Holm
Guitars, bass, electronics, synthesizers, piano, strings & arrangements by Jimmy Boman.
Drums on the recording by Andreas Larsson except “Darkness Within (Agony)” by Jonas Källsbäck.
– Heartbeats on “I Was The One” by Sixten Boman.
– Album “Bad Things Always End Bad” (2007 Dead Tree Music / Sound Pollution)
– Single “Love For The Music” (2009 Dead Tree Music / Sound Pollution)
– Album “Until We Are Dead” (2009 Dead Tree Music / Sound Pollution)
– Single “Addiction” (2013 Dead Tree Music / Sound Pollution)
– Single “I Was Nothing” (2013 Dead Tree Music / Sound Pollution)
– Single “Falling” (2013 Dead Tree Music / Sound Pollution)
– Album “Prelude To Descent” (2013 Dead Tree Music / Sound Pollution)
– Single “Agony” (2014 Dead Tree Music / Sound Pollution)
– Album “1313” (2018 GAIN / Dead Tree Group) – CANCELLED
– Single “Love Is Dead” (2019 Dead Tree Group / Sound Pollution)
– Single “Nightcall” (2020 Dead Tree Group / Sound Pollution)
– Album ”The Awakening” (2022 Rockshots Records)
ASHER MEDIA RELATIONS
Jon Asher – Music Publicist