(contact info below)
Montreal, QC – July 31, 2019
For fans of Blackened Death Metal, Behemoth, Cradle of Filth, Abbath, Immortal, Dimmu Borgir
NECRONOMICON Reveal Artwork & Track Listing + Teaser For New Album ‘UNUS’
Out October 18th via Season of Mist
Canadian extreme metal veterans NECRONOMICON are revealing the cover artwork and track listing of their new full-length ‘UNUS’ due out via Season of Mist on October 18, 2019. The band has furthermore shared a teaser, which can be viewed on the official Season of Mist Youtube Channel link here.
Vocalist Rob The Witch comments:
“When all is said and done, one must return to the start and begin a new life. ‘UNUS’ is the first Major Arcana that starts a new cycle in the evolution of any living things. Welcome to our new incarnation.”
Album cover artwork for ‘UNUS’ done by Simon Bossert and track listing can be found below.
1. From Ashes Into Flesh (04:23)
2. Infinitum Continuum (05:27)
3. Paradise Lost (04:55)
4. The Price of A Soul (01:56)
5. Singularis Dominus (04:50)
6. The Thousand Masks (03:20)
7. Ascending The Throne of Baator (04:54)
8. Fhtagn (01:59)
9. Cursed MMXIX (04:13)
10. Vox Draconis (04:13)
Album Length: 40:10
Rob The Witch: Guitar/Vocals/Bass
– Recorded at Sliver Wings studio, produced by Rob The Witch
– Mixed and mastered at Darth Mader music studio by Logan Mader (Machinehead)
– Special feature: Geirlioz (Dimmu Borgir) on Piano in ”From Ashes Into Flesh”.
– Artwork: Dragon Caducea design by Nestor Avalos, Album Layout and Cover Artwork by Simon Bossert With ‘Advent Of The Human God’, NECRONOMICON presented themselves at a new height in their long-lasting career, which began as early as 1988 with the founding of the band by guitarist and singer Rob “The Witch” in the deep northern part of Canadian province Quebec, called the “Fjord of Saguenay.” Now, they continue to push the envelope with their sixth studio album, ‘UNUS’.‘UNUS’ is a searing cacophony that blends blistering riffs, machine-like drums, and a symphonic ambiance, culminating in a sound that calls to various metal icons such as DIMMU BORGIR, SEPTICFLESH, BEHEMOTH, and DEICIDE. The record combines the furious elements of death metal with the symphonic prowess of black metal, creating the perfect synthesis of both genres and ultimately
NECRONOMICON have a well-earned reputation for quality by releasing material only when ready and satisfied with the outcome ever since their demo entitled ‘Morbid Ritual’ (1992) firmly established their name within the underground. ‘The Silver Key’ EP (1996) led to mainstream recognition on a national level, but their debut album ‘Pharaoh Of Gods’ (1999) and the sophomore ‘The Sacred Medicines’ (2003) did, even more, to establish the band as a household name in Canada.
‘Return Of The Witch’ (2010) marked the international break-through for NECRONOMICON, and saw them performing at prestigious festivals such as Inferno (Norway), Ragnarok (Germany), and the Barge To Hell metal cruise among others, while sharing stages with acts such as CRADLE OF FILTH, DIMMU BORGIR, BEHEMOTH, and MORBID ANGEL, to name but a few. Their steady advance around the globe grew considerably in impact by their next full-length “Rise Of The Elder Ones” (2013). By the time the band released ‘Advent Of The Human God’ (2016), they were met with international critical acclaim. Now, with ‘UNUS’ the band show that they aren’t slowing down and are ready to deliver another vicious strike! Prepare for the darkness to envelop you…
For more info:
– 30 –
“Best moments of BEHEMOTH and symphonic death à la GODFLESH APOCALYPSE while remaining entirely Necronomicon.” – Bravewords
“Advent of the Human God is a truly diverse album, perfectly balancing plenty of atmosphere with their iconic chugging riffs and pummelling blast beats.” – Exclaim!
“Advent of the Human God boasts both a Behemoth-like epic savage grace and Dimmu-esque orchestral pomp. But it also delivers a more primal ferocity and maintains the thematic air that has become Necronomicon’s forte” – Metal Rules
“”Their sound is akin to an Anti-Christ infant spawned from the blasphemous union of Dimmu Borgir and Behemoth.”” – Metal Underground
“The drums crash like Nordic avalanches on tracks like “Alchemy of the Avatar.” With its blazing jugular seeking guitar riffs and crazed piano breaks over top double kick drum insanity, this last song makes for a perfect ending to a blistering listen.” – Beatroute (AB)
“‘Necronomicon opened the show with a thoroughly impressive display of symphonic death metal… The best way to describe them would be a symphonic version of Winds of Creation-era Decapitated, with perhaps some Vital Remains mixed in. Lots of cool grooves and hair spinning moments!’” – Metal Injection (Live Review)
Jon Asher – Music Publicist
#.514.581.5780 | email@example.com
Facebook | Tweet @AsherMedia | Instagram @AsherMedia
Trackbacks & Pingbacks
No incoming links found yet.