(contact info below)
Montreal, QC – July 28, 2020
For fans of Nightwish, Sonata Arctica, Stratovarius
Rockshots Records: Symphonic Power Metal Ravenword Shares New Lyric Video “Purity”
Album “Transcendence” Out Now!
Symphonic power metal band Ravenword has just unleashed the new lyric video for “Purity”, the third single off their one-time studio album “Transcendence”, released in Europe/North America via Rockshots Records and in Japan via Rubicon Music this past January. “Purity” starts off with Italian lyrics accompanied only by piano then builds into a super-melodic symphonic metal track with epic choirs.
Listen and watch the lyric video for “Purity” HERE.
Inspired by the Edgar Allan Poe’s novel ‘The Raven’, the Milan, Italy based band was originally formed in 2007 by the mind of keyboardist and composer Davide Scuteri (Choirs Of Veritas). After several years of activity, which included a self-titled demo, the band went on a brief hiatus, re-grouping in 2016 when singer Chiara Tricarico (Sound Storm, Moonlight Haze), drummer Michele Olmi (Chronosfear, Skeletoon) and bass/guitar player Cesare Ferrari (Choirs Of Veritas) joined the band, in order to create a one-time studio album that embodies the whole history of the band.
With “Transcendence”, Ravenword captures the romantic and decadent poetic themes typical of Edgar Allan Poe’s period, combined with an equally decadent symphonic metal sound. In line with Ravenword’s ode to poetry, the title “Transcendence” was chosen to symbolize the idea of always going beyond one’s perception of reality and seeking deeper meanings.
“Transcendence” is available on all digital platforms HERE.
1. Blue Roses (4:31)
2. Life In Your Hands (5:02)
3. No More (3:53)
4. Lullaby of The Last Petal (4:00)
5. Purity (5:50)
6. Rain of Stars (5:08)
7. The Queen of Darkness (4:16)
8. What I Need (5:18)
9. The Swansong (6:05)
10. Dylan (6:48)
11. Crimson Lake (6:43)
12. The Distance (4:20)
13. Bleeding Moon (7:54)
Album Length: 1:09:53
– Chiara Tricarico: Vocals
– Davide Scuteri: Keyboards / Composer
– Cesare Ferrari: Guitars and Bass Guitar
– Michele Olmi: Drums
Orchestral Choirs: Greta Cangelosi, Alessandra Vicario and Rehn Stillnight
– Marco Massarenti: Growl and Scream voice on “Rain Of Stars”, “What I Need” and “Crimson Lake”
– Davide Ceruti: Guitar solo on “The Swansong”
– Davide Lovecchio: Guitar solo on “Blue Rose”, “No More”, “The Queen Of Darkness” and “Dylan”
– Eddie Thespot: Guitar solo on “Purity”, “Rain Of Stars”, “What I Need”, “Crimson Lake” and “The Distance”
– 30 –