Defect Designer – Ageing Accelerator (2015) (Sleaszy Rider Records)
Release Date: July 13, 2015
LABEL: Sleaszy Rider Records
DISTRIBUTION: Plastic Head Distribution
CATOLOG # SR-0153
For fans of SepticFlesh, Gorguts, Cryptopsy, Slipknot, Carcass
GENRE: Norwegian Progressive Death Metal
Defect-Designer.com | Facebook | Twittter | Youtube
Reverbnation | Soundcloud | Instagram
Buy Links: Bandcamp | iTunes | CD Baby | Google Music | SleaszyRider.com
Download Press Photo | Download Album Cover | Download Album Lyrics
Contact: PR Rep – Jon Asher – ashermedia[@]gmail.com
Radio Tracking: radiotrackingashermedia[@]gmail.com
Booking – defect.designer[@]gmail.com
“It’s an impressive effort, a quantum leap forward from their debut. The arrangements are diverse, and the musicianship is impeccable. They add progressive elements to the crushing death metal, giving it ample variety.” – Heavy Metal About.com
“Blazing, head-scrambling music”- No Clean Singing
“They are in my estimation one of the finest modern death metal acts, combining far too many influences to count into a formula that generates numerous deadly riffs alongside numerous unique, non-repeated segments per song.” – No Clean Singing
“The thrashing is amazing, the inventive solos are killer, and the melody teeters on insane from time to time. Go listen! It’s awesome.” – Yell! Magazine
” This is some modern death metal that isn’t too flashy, nor is it too linear. It’s a true compliment to the album to say that there are some interesting twists and turns throughout, yet everything feels cohesive. There’s some downright brutal moments (“Yellow Grimace”), some trippy moments (“I Remember You Dead”), and just about everything in between. Not to mention the energetic and memorable (hate to say ‘melodic’ here) riffing that works as one of the true highlights of Ageing Accelerator. An intriguing album” – DeadRhetoric
“When it comes to pure, unadulterated death metal, this disk is about as good as it gets. Tracks like “Corpsewatcher”, “Yellow Grimace” and “The Terrible” are a complete metal assault on the ears. If you like your death metal brutal with a side of chaotic musicianship, this release is definitely for you.” – Broken Neck Radio
“a scathing hellstorm of twisted fury on.” – Has It Leaked
“Siberia is known as a large remote expanse of the earth that is unforgivably cold. Even among this cold landscape, there can be hard metal with a brutal tone ” – Seymour Duncan
Track Listing of Album: Defect Designer – Ageing Accelerator
1. Corpsewatcher (3:30)
2. Yellow Grimace (2:10)
3. The Terrible (5:24)
4. I Remember You Dead (5:55)
5. Flies On Your Lips (3:32)
6. Crusaders (2:36)
7. Berenice (4:25)
8. Communist Architectonics (2:51)
9. Temple Of Artemis (4:12)
10. StarDust (2:50)
Album Length: 37:28
• All songs performed by: Defect Designer
• All songs written by: Dmitry Sukhinin
• Produced by: Martin Storm-Olsen and Dmitry Sukhinin
• Mixed by: Dinos Prassas, Devasoundz Studios
• Mastered by: Jens Borgen, Fascination Street
• CD Cover, Album Artwork: Seth Siro Anton
• Drums are recorded in The Grid Studio with Christian Donaldson (Cryptopsy), Guitars, Bass and Vocals – in Devasoundz Studios, Athens.
• Album is mixed in Devasoundz Studios (SepticFlesh, Rotting Christ) and Mastered in Fascination Street Studios (Bloodbath, At The Gates, Soilwork, Kreator).
Album Band Line Up:
Flo Mounier (Cryptopsy) on drums,
Stelios Mavromitis (Septicflesh live guitarist) on guitars,
Christos Antoniou (SepticFlesh) – sampling and orchestration,
Martin Storm-Olsen (Trollfest) – guitars and clean vocals,
Dmitry Sukhinin – bass, guitars, vocals.
Ageing Accelerator recording Line-up. Left to right: Dmitry Sukhinin (vocals, guitars), Flo Mounier – Drums, Stelios Mavromitis – Guitars, Martin Storm-Olsen – Guitars, Clean Vocals
Photos by Polina “Helvete” Kulikovskikh, Seth Siro Anton, Jacky Mounier
Live Band Line Up:
Dmitry Sukhinin – Guitars, Vocals
Martin Storm-Olsen – Guitars
Anders Faret Haave – Drums
Live Line-up, Left to right: Dmitry Sukhinin (vocals, guitars), Martin Storm-Olsen – Guitars, Clean Vocals, Anders Faret Haave – Drums – Photo by Polina “Helvete” Kulikovskikh
Born out the darkness of Siberia and re-located on the shores of Oslo, Norway in 2012, progressive death metal band DEFECT DESIGNER pushes forward in 2015 with their second full length ‘Ageing Accelerator’ due out on July 13th via Sleaszy Rider Records.
“It is our second album, in terms of playing it is much more mature than the previous, it is not that raw, much more easy listening and understandable. The first album was on the edge of complete disharmony and it is hard to repeat it. We believe that Ageing Accelerator may become someone’s favorite record. It sounds like a different band, but it is us.” says founding vocalist and guitarist Dmitry Sukhinin.
The album features a brutal recording line up that includes drummer Flo Mounier (Cryptopsy), guitarist Stelios Mavromitis (SepticFlesh live guitarist), Martin Storm-Olsen (ex-Trollfest) on guitars and clean vocals, Christos Antoniou (SepticFlesh) for sampling and orchestration along with Dmitry Sukhinin on vocals, bass and guitars.
“After the first lineup dissolved I was so desperate that I wrote to few people and got the recording lineup.” explains Dmitry Sukhinin. “SepticFlesh’s Seth proposed his brother Christos to help with orchestration, Christos proposed SepticFlesh’s live guitar player Stelios to do guitars, Flo from Cryptopsy did the drums, cause actually he was my main drum inspiration. I did bass, and during the recording I met Martin who was in Trollfest before, he did clean vocals and some solos along with my solos. Then the real line up started to build up and we have Anders from Blood Red Throne. As for me, I also play in Oslo jazz death metal Diskord.”
Their live line up consists of members of ex-Blood Red Throne, Images At Twilight, ex-Trollfest, Diskord and other music projects: Dmitry Sukhinin on vocals and guitars, Martin Storm-Olsen on guitars and clean vocals and Anders Faret Haave on drums, which has shared the stage over the years with Napalm Death, Helheim, Welicoruss, Apokefale and Demon Project among many others.
The ten track ripper is an aural assault that fans of SepticFlesh, Gorguts, Cryptopsy, Slipknot, and Carcass will not want to miss as it follows DEFECT DESIGNER‘s evolution from 2013’s ‘AA’ EP, 2009’s ‘WAX’ album and 2007 debut EP ‘W’.
“We have very mature drum parts, very jazzy, and groovy, not following the click, very alive. We have something that resembles solos on this recording. We have added samples and some orchestration, very beautiful vibraphone moment. Plenty of effects on guitars. Double tracks for guitars, double tracks for vocals. Well, all the process of recording was 100% different.”
Track By Track:
Ageing Accelerator. Something that drastically increase your ageing, something you found out. You instantly become old. There is no major concept in the album.
1. Corpsewatcher is about the old tradition to be around the dead body all night till last minutes above the ground, despair.
2. Yellow Grimace is based on real story of a person receiving someone he knows to prepare for final ritual.
3. The Terrible is about Ivan The Terrible.
4. I Remember You Dead is based on a story of Edgar Allan Poe, The Casque of Amontillado. Revenge!!!
5. Flies On Your Lips is about the person who decided to kill himself. Wrote lyrics after it happened to a person Dmitry Sukhinin knew.
6. Crusaders is about wars and economic wars, wars for oil and territory. And about Hypocrisy.
7. Berenice is based on Edgar Allan Poe’s story Berenice about sick obsession with teeth.
8. Communist Architectonics is about disgusting architectural style USSR used to contaminate the cities with exploding old cathedrals, churches and something that was really beautiful and replacing it with atrocious concrete.
9. Temple Of Artemis is about people whom we should not memorize like the one who burned the temple.
10. StarDust is instrumental, initially was a song for bass guitar, but it evolved.
2013 – “AA”, EP
2009 – “Wax” LP (My Kingdom Music)
2007 – “W” EP (Forces Of Satan)
Shared stage w:
Napalm Death, Helheim, Demon Project, Welicoruss, e.t.c.
Saluda Cymbals, SIT Strings, In Tune Guitar Picks, Providence, Krank Amps, Mayones Guitars, Schaller Electronic, Karma Mics, Guitar Pro, Agner Drumsticks, D16, Seymour Duncan, Liszko Straps, Pearl Drums, Cympad, Spector Basses, Peterson Tuners, G-Lab