For Interview, Album Requests, Media List contact
Jon Asher – Music Publicist – ashermedia [AT] gmail.com
Radio Promotions – radiotrackingashermedia [AT] gmail.com
C#.514.581.5780 – www.ashermediarelations.com
Montreal, QC – June 23, 2015
TEST YOUR METAL RECORDS Launches With First Signing of Brazilian Power Metal HIBRIA
Vancouver, BC based Test Your Metal Records is proud to announce its entry into the mosh pit on the international metal scene with its first signing of Brazilian power metallers HIBRIAfor the North American release of their fifth and upcoming self-titled full length due out on August 7th, 2015 with album pre-order available here.
“I am very excited to announce the launch of my new record label ‘Test Your Metal Records’. After playing in bands and touring for the past 15 years I’ve developed the relationships and connections to be able to help others in the Canadian and worldwide music scene. I hope to bring more international acts into Canada and spread the Canadian metal internationally to show the world what we have to offer. I have some amazing bands and an amazing team to work with me, so I just want to thank you all in advance and together we will keep Heavy Metal alive!” comments Test Your Metal Records owner Grant Truesdell.
HIBRIA is a Brazilian power metal band formed in Porto Alegre, Rio Grande do Sul in 1996. The band has grown in popularity in their home country plus worldwide with the successful release of fours albums and a live DVD that showcases their intense concert energy (if ya never seen them in person). Continuing their venture in 2015 with their very technical playing that’s fast, aggressive and catchy, HIBRIA returns with their fifth and latest self titled studio album set for release on August 7th via Test Your Metal Record in North America (July 22nd in Japan on King Music) to follow 2013’s ‘Silent Revenge’ released under King Records for Asia, AFM for Europe and North America plus Voice Music for Brazil.
“We self titled this release because we believe that it represents what our music is and how we feel about our band. This is our second CD composed with the same lineup and it made all the difference in our songwriting. We already knew what to expect from each other and it contributed a lot for us to write this new work.” says “It is our most daring album. We experienced new influences and they made this album to sound so fresh. We really feel we have started heading to a new level as a band.”
All four of their past albums and live DVD released have reached the #1 position on sales charts for HMV stores across Japan and has lead the band to be support for such bands as Metallica, Black Sabbath, Ozzy Osbourne, Megadeth plus perform at Rock in Rio and Loud Park, Japan’s most important Metal festival, where they shared the main stage with some of the world’s most known bands.
HIBRIA’S NEW SONG PREVIEW – Tightrope (Demo Version) – https://youtu.be/x8qdDFYNzgI
Track Listing – Hibria – Self-Titled
1. Pain (4:27)
2. Abyss (4:05)
3. Tightrope (5:02)
4. Life (4:45)
5. Ghosts (5:10)
6. Legacy (2:26)
7. Ashamed (5:17)
8. Church (4:13)
9. Fame (5:24)
10. Words (5:24)
Album Length: 46:17
For more info, please visit: http://www.Hibria.com
About Test Your Metal Records:
Test Your Metal Records stands to leave a positive impact and everlasting dynasty within the Canadian Rock and Metal music scene. First and foremost TYM was founded to ensure the continued creation of music, art and culture! To employ as many people doing what they love, and to ultimately assist the worldwide music scene thrive in any way. TYM Records helps get the art, product and live show into the hands and ears of the fans.
To build a corporation and family that will help people reach their true potential and fuel their passion. Starting off with a talented roster of bands, promoting and constantly innovating new music for the record label. Manufacturing and promoting their new albums and sending them out on tour across the globe. My vision is to revolutionize the music industry by giving the music to the fans for a monthly membership fee. Having a multitude of perks set up through the Loyalty membership, and a multitude of external companies providing incentives and cross promotion. I aspire to make a service that people from all walks of life can enjoy and benefit from. 20% of net profit of the label will be deposited into a fund for the ‘TYM Academy of the Arts’. Which will be a Non-Profit music and arts academy I hope to open within the next 3-5 years.
Like any good long lasting relationship, the things I value in business are also the things I value in life. Passion, Love, Honesty, Compassion, Teamwork and most of all FUN, FREEDOM and INTERDEPENDENCE. I started TYM Records because I want to help bands push to the next level while keeping control within their hands and to help them make a living from it!!! To always have fun and work as a family to build a career together. On top of the normal royalties baid to the artists and with the implementation of the Loyalty club I plan on paying out 24% of all net profits from the loyalty club to the bands on the roster on the last day of each month. So theoretically we will be able to watch the label grow to the point where every band on the label can solely focus on their craft and not have to worry about the bills! I aspire to be a leading example of Honesty, Fairness, Dedication and Transparency within this company. I have made it my new mission in life to help as many people as possible and I believe through TYM Records we can achieve that!
– 30 –
Hibria – XX (2016)
Contact: PR Rep – Jon Asher – ashermedia[@]gmail.com
Release Date: Friday, August 9, 2016
LABEL: Test Your Metal Records
DISTRIBUTION: Test Your Metal Records
For fans of Metallica, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Black Sabbath, Pantera, Megadeth, Deep Purple
Album Length: 40:40
08/10 Vancouver, BC – The Red Room
08/22 Subury, ON – The Asylum
HIBRIA is a Brazilian power metal band formed in Porto Alegre, Rio Grande do Sul in 1996. The band has grown in popularity in their home country plus worldwide with the successful release of five albums and a live DVD that showcases their intense concert energy (if ya never seen them in person). Continuing their venture in 2016 with their very technical playing that’s fast, aggressive and catchy, HIBRIA returns with their sixth and latest release ‘XX’ to celebrate their 20 years in metal. The 20th anniversary album is slated for release on August 9th via Test Your Metal Record for North America to follow their 2015 self-titled album.
“HIBRIA’s soul is full of music. To celebrate our 20th anniversary we present to you ‘XX’. It’s heavy metal with no boundaries especially made for the fans. Can you feel it?”
Their releases have reached the #1 position on sales charts for HMV stores across Japan, which has lead them to be support for such bands as Metallica, Black Sabbath, Ozzy Osbourne, Megadeth plus perform at Rock in Rio in Brazil and Loud Park, Japan’s most important metal festival, where they shared the main stage with some of the world’s most known bands.
* In October of 2013, HIBRIA was chosen to open BLACK SABBATH’S concert, in Porto Alegre/BR, on the ‘13’ Tour, playing to 30.000 people.
* In September of 2013, the band played at ROCK IN RIO, on the same day as Metallica, Alice in Chains, Ghost, Sepultura, Rob Zombie e Sebastian Bach.
* In September of 2013, the band played in Japan for the fifth time to promote their most recent release, Silent Revenge.
* In October of 2012, the band played for the second time at LOUD PARK (Japan).
* In April of 2011, HIBRIA played as the support act to OZZY OSBOURNE in the cities of Rio de Janeiro and Belo Horizonte, in Brazil.
* In May of 2011, the band toured Asia for the third time in support of their third album, Blind Ride, playing in South Korea, China and in Japan, where the band shot a Live DVD in Tokyo.
* In January of 2010, HIBRIA was chosen to open METALLICA’s concert, in Porto Alegre/BR, on the World Magnetic Tour’ 10, playing to 25.000 people.
* In October of 2009, after their successful Collecting Skulls WTour, the band was invited to play in Japan again at LOUD PARK, playing to 15.000 headbangers, sharing the stage with some of the most important Metal bands of the world such as Megadeth, Slayer, Anthrax, Judas Priest, among others. Besides playing at Loud Park, the band opened MEGADETH’s concert , in Nagoya.
* In May of 2009, the band started their international tour – Collecting Skulls WTour – to promote their second album – The Skull Collectors – playing in Japan, Taiwan, Hong Kong, South Korea and Canada.
* The band’s previous album was Defying the Rules, and it brought the melodic lines from the 80?s, the speed from the 90?s and the 2000?s musicians skills. DTR was released in Japan, Taiwan, South Korea, Hong Kong, USA, Canada, Western Europe, Russia, Baltic States and Brazil.
* In Japan, DTR has been a best seller in the Heavy Metal category during 6 consecutive weeks in the retailing stores HMV in Japan, being for the whole period in the first position, and it’s been voted among the best of the year, both by the editors and the readers from the magazine BURRN.
2015 – Self-Titled (Test Your Metal NA/ King JP/ Power Prog EU/ Urubuz BR)
2013 – Silent Revenge (Voice BR / King JP / AFM Records EUR)
Mixed By: Benhur Lima – Hibria Studios (Brazil)
Produced By: Renato Osorio
2012 – Blinded By Tokyo – Live DVD (Voice BR / King JP)
2011 – Blind Ride (Voice BR / King JP)
Mixed By: Willam Putney – The Machine Shop (U.S.A.)
Produced By: Diego Kasper
2008 – The Skull Collectors (Voice BR/ Spiritual Beast JP)
Mixed By: Achim Koehler – Indiscreet (Germany)
Produced By: Diego Kasper, Marco Panichi
2004 – Defying The Rules (Encore BR/ Spiritual Beast JP)
Mixed By: Piet Sielck – Powerhouse (Germany)
Produced By: Diego Kasper, Marco Panichi
Shared stage w/
Metallica, Megadeth, Ozzy Osbourne, Black Sabbath
Tours and Festivals
Rock in Rio (Brazil) – 2013
Headlining tour – Silent Revenge Tour (Japan)
Loud Park (Japan) – 2012
Headlining tour – DVD Blinded by Tokyo Shooting (Japan) – Shows in South Korea, China, Japan – 2011
Loud Park (Japan) – 2011
Collecting Skulls WTour – Japan, Taiwan, Hong Kong, South Korea and Canada – 2009
Against The Faceless Demo Tour – Germany, Belgium, Czech Republic, Poland, The Netherlands
Ibanez – Tama – C.Ibanez – Harman – Digitech – AKG US – Urban Boards