Hibria – XX (2016)
Contact: PR Rep – Jon Asher – ashermedia[@]gmail.com
Release Date: Friday, August 9, 2016
LABEL: Test Your Metal Records
DISTRIBUTION: Test Your Metal Records
For fans of Metallica, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Black Sabbath, Pantera, Megadeth, Deep Purple
Album Length: 40:40
08/10 Vancouver, BC – The Red Room
08/22 Subury, ON – The Asylum
HIBRIA is a Brazilian power metal band formed in Porto Alegre, Rio Grande do Sul in 1996. The band has grown in popularity in their home country plus worldwide with the successful release of five albums and a live DVD that showcases their intense concert energy (if ya never seen them in person). Continuing their venture in 2016 with their very technical playing that’s fast, aggressive and catchy, HIBRIA returns with their sixth and latest release ‘XX’ to celebrate their 20 years in metal. The 20th anniversary album is slated for release on August 9th via Test Your Metal Record for North America to follow their 2015 self-titled album.
“HIBRIA’s soul is full of music. To celebrate our 20th anniversary we present to you ‘XX’. It’s heavy metal with no boundaries especially made for the fans. Can you feel it?”
Their releases have reached the #1 position on sales charts for HMV stores across Japan, which has lead them to be support for such bands as Metallica, Black Sabbath, Ozzy Osbourne, Megadeth plus perform at Rock in Rio in Brazil and Loud Park, Japan’s most important metal festival, where they shared the main stage with some of the world’s most known bands.
* In October of 2013, HIBRIA was chosen to open BLACK SABBATH’S concert, in Porto Alegre/BR, on the ‘13’ Tour, playing to 30.000 people.
* In September of 2013, the band played at ROCK IN RIO, on the same day as Metallica, Alice in Chains, Ghost, Sepultura, Rob Zombie e Sebastian Bach.
* In September of 2013, the band played in Japan for the fifth time to promote their most recent release, Silent Revenge.
* In October of 2012, the band played for the second time at LOUD PARK (Japan).
* In April of 2011, HIBRIA played as the support act to OZZY OSBOURNE in the cities of Rio de Janeiro and Belo Horizonte, in Brazil.
* In May of 2011, the band toured Asia for the third time in support of their third album, Blind Ride, playing in South Korea, China and in Japan, where the band shot a Live DVD in Tokyo.
* In January of 2010, HIBRIA was chosen to open METALLICA’s concert, in Porto Alegre/BR, on the World Magnetic Tour’ 10, playing to 25.000 people.
* In October of 2009, after their successful Collecting Skulls WTour, the band was invited to play in Japan again at LOUD PARK, playing to 15.000 headbangers, sharing the stage with some of the most important Metal bands of the world such as Megadeth, Slayer, Anthrax, Judas Priest, among others. Besides playing at Loud Park, the band opened MEGADETH’s concert , in Nagoya.
* In May of 2009, the band started their international tour – Collecting Skulls WTour – to promote their second album – The Skull Collectors – playing in Japan, Taiwan, Hong Kong, South Korea and Canada.
* The band’s previous album was Defying the Rules, and it brought the melodic lines from the 80?s, the speed from the 90?s and the 2000?s musicians skills. DTR was released in Japan, Taiwan, South Korea, Hong Kong, USA, Canada, Western Europe, Russia, Baltic States and Brazil.
* In Japan, DTR has been a best seller in the Heavy Metal category during 6 consecutive weeks in the retailing stores HMV in Japan, being for the whole period in the first position, and it’s been voted among the best of the year, both by the editors and the readers from the magazine BURRN.
2015 – Self-Titled (Test Your Metal NA/ King JP/ Power Prog EU/ Urubuz BR)
2013 – Silent Revenge (Voice BR / King JP / AFM Records EUR)
Mixed By: Benhur Lima – Hibria Studios (Brazil)
Produced By: Renato Osorio
2012 – Blinded By Tokyo – Live DVD (Voice BR / King JP)
2011 – Blind Ride (Voice BR / King JP)
Mixed By: Willam Putney – The Machine Shop (U.S.A.)
Produced By: Diego Kasper
2008 – The Skull Collectors (Voice BR/ Spiritual Beast JP)
Mixed By: Achim Koehler – Indiscreet (Germany)
Produced By: Diego Kasper, Marco Panichi
2004 – Defying The Rules (Encore BR/ Spiritual Beast JP)
Mixed By: Piet Sielck – Powerhouse (Germany)
Produced By: Diego Kasper, Marco Panichi
Shared stage w/
Metallica, Megadeth, Ozzy Osbourne, Black Sabbath
Tours and Festivals
Rock in Rio (Brazil) – 2013
Headlining tour – Silent Revenge Tour (Japan)
Loud Park (Japan) – 2012
Headlining tour – DVD Blinded by Tokyo Shooting (Japan) – Shows in South Korea, China, Japan – 2011
Loud Park (Japan) – 2011
Collecting Skulls WTour – Japan, Taiwan, Hong Kong, South Korea and Canada – 2009
Against The Faceless Demo Tour – Germany, Belgium, Czech Republic, Poland, The Netherlands
Ibanez – Tama – C.Ibanez – Harman – Digitech – AKG US – Urban Boards