EPK – Brutta- Self-Titled (2022)
Publicist – Jon Asher – jon[@]ashermediarelations[.]com
For fans of Vltimas, Mayhem, Bloodbath, Dark Funeral, Morbid Angel
Album Title: Brutta
Release Date: June 17, 2022
“The album is a definitive punch in your face… or maybe we could say a hammer in your forehead! A mixture of open evil chords with blastbeats finding a defined yet tormenting growling vocal. The song themes are very precise and lyrics brings a subjective aspect of humans mental conflicts from a darker angle. It’s right there, aggression, darkness, heaviness, a critical sound mass with huge personality, not to mention its fine production.” – Brutta
Bruttametal.com | Facebook.com/bruttametal | Instagram.com/bruttametal
[Download Album Cover | Download Album Lyrics]
Album Title: Brutta
Release Date: June 17, 2022
1. Brutta (4:34)
2. Mortem (4:08)
3. Frgmntd (3:55)
4. Bastardo (4:20)
5. Inferno (4:21)
6. Cristus (3:42)
7. Devon (3:51)
8. Limbo (4:37)
Album Length: 33:20
Album Recording Credits:
• All songs performed by: Brutta
• All songs written by: Brutta
• Produced by: Tom MacLean @ Twelve Tone Studio
• Mixed by: Tom MacLean @ Twelve Tone Studio
• Mastered by: Tom MacLean @ Twelve Tone Studio
• Album Artwork by: Luigi Quarta
Album Band Line Up:
Adriano Ribeiro (guitars, vocals)
Tom MacLean (bass)
Gledson Gonçalves (drums)
2022 – Self-Titled
BAND STORY ANGLES / FUN FACTS:
After coming up with the band’s name, Brutta, we discovered that its meaning in Italian is ‘ugly female’. That was funny but also weird for us and we almost give up the name, since we don’t want to offend anyone, especially the ladies. We believe true beauty lies within each one of us. It’s about who you are, not what you look like.
The album as a whole (LYRICALLY & MUSICALLY):
The album is a definitive punch in your face… or maybe we could say a hammer in your forehead! A mixture of open evil chords with blast beats finding a defined yet tormenting growling vocal. The song themes are very precise and the lyrics bring a subjective aspect of humans’ mental conflicts from a darker angle. It’s right there, aggression, darkness, heaviness, a critical sound mass with a huge personality, not to mention its fine production. A huge amount of energy released while listening to the album is guaranteed (laughs).
Track by Track (LYRICALLY & MUSICALLY):
1. Brutta: It’s the opening song and carries the band’s name. It’s about letting yourself be transformed by Brutta’s aggressiveness admiring its uniqueness while being taken over by the transformation process. Brutta is what everyone will become, so watch out!
2. Mortem: From a victim of a cold assassin perspective, it’s hard to tell when the bloodthirsty will make a move and execute his final stroke. This song carries a tense description of the please to stack chopped bodies and live among hands of blood to mutilate and break the ones consider to be inferior people by the killer.
3. Frgmntd: Existence inevitably, from time to time, breaks the individual. An imprecise cave, full of depth, where one feels opaque, taken and strangled. It is difficult to fix what you don’t understand, and through the despair of not putting the pieces together, you live as fragments.
4. Bastardo: Not everyone believes in the fable of Jesus, but those who do often point fingers in criticism at their fellow men. However, it is common to see devotees misinterpreting their own existence, preferring to pray until they are blind. What if all of Christianity is just folklore? If there is no god, would Jesus be a bastard?
5. Inferno: When life acts wicked, greater is evil. Inferno speaks of the process of dodging facts, extinguishing the light of understanding, and thus letting the beast gradually take control of interpretations. The shadow of hate creeps in, and when it dominates one, that’s when self-hell is penetrated. When life acts wicked it is necessary to understand that one is under the influence of his beast, of his evil. When life acts wicked you are evil.
6. Cristus: When one is invaded by the feeling of existential emptiness, it is common to resort to belief. However, it is not by following the ‘legion of Cristus’ that one will be miraculously absorbed by his own acts of the unspeakable. You cannot resort to an unknown greater force if you are not able to fulfill personal dogmas. No way out, it is important to bow to self-ignorance.
7. Devon: We are now inside the mind of a sick, sociopathic and dangerous to society individual. He is locked up in the confines of Devon, a prison made for violent offenders. Nevertheless, our prisoner can’t wait to run away so he can keep chasing you…
8. Limbo: Limbo, a state of indecision, uncertainty, indefiniteness. Imagine not wanting to know who you are, you can’t support any more self-defense and now you are surrendering to loss. Right there, the dead won’t be any helpful. Right there, about to collapse death is preferred to ruin.
L-R: Gledson Gonçalves (drums) | Adriano Ribeiro (guitars and vocals) | Tom MacLean (bass)
Photo credit: Gledson and Adriano: Felipe Rinke. Tom: self-taken photo
After working for Athemon (Adriano Ribeiro (guitars, vocals) and Tom MacLean (bass)) as their session drummer, Gledson Gonçalves had the idea of creating another project with more extreme music. Recruiting Ribeiro (guitars, vocals) and MacLean (bass), both were very eager to dive headfirst into the aggressive sound Gonçalves had in mind. A few jams later and Brutta was officially formed as a studio project over two contents. Gonçalves and Ribeiro in Brazil and MacLean in the UK.
Brutta works collaboratively through every part of the process, first Ribeiro develops and assembles the riffs, to which Gonçalves adds drum parts. The final musical touches come in as MacLean weaves the bass riffs and then vocals are layered on top with lyrical themes coming from human behaviour, especially its darker angles.
As they plan to hit the stage in the near future, fans will be met with loads of energy and power during the set as Brutta releases their demons through strong performances, so the audience can do the same.
A modern and in-your-face version of obscure and wicked music, Brutta rises like brutal “Heavy Post Metal” their debut, self-titled album will be released on June 17, 2022.
Trackbacks & Pingbacks
No incoming links found yet.