EPK – TYMO – The Art of A Maniac (2022)
Publicist – Jon Asher – jon[@]ashermediarelations[.]com
For fans of Megadeth, Slayer, Lich King, Municipal Waste, Exodus
“The Art Of A Maniac” is a great representation of where we are at now! Playing live with other Alberta thrash bands such as Hazzerd and WMD has definitely influenced this record! It feels good to have finally written a full-on thrash album and it was good to take the extra time over the pandemic and make sure we were satisfied with everything! We pushed our speed and playing boundaries on this record, it’s really different from our last album Purge & Reset. Any fans of thrash metal will definitely appreciate this record and we hope it’s added to their collection. Definitely our most aggressive and most focused record yet!” – TYMO
Album Title: The Art Of A Maniac
Release Date: February 5, 2021
“Riffs cutting like a razor”- Hardrocker Magazine
“Frontman Tim Tymo’s vocal style is in the vein of Black Album-era James Hetfield with a great melodic grit” – Metal Master Kingdom
“When I hear the instrumental tune Flames To Frost, I think of early Iron Maiden” – Hard Rock Info
Album Title: The Art Of A Maniac
Release Date: February 5, 2021
1. Tymonicide (2:55)
2. Sanity Clause (2:54)
3. Mars Attacks (3:44)
4. Estrogenocide (4:11)
5. Age Of Deception (2:42)
6. The Roy Parson Project (3:10)
7. War Beneath The Skull (4:12)
8. The Art Of A Maniac (3:41)
9. Alcoholocaust (4:32)
Album Length: (32:01)
Album Recording Credits:
• All songs performed by: Tymo
• All songs written by: Tim Tymo, Nick Schwartz. Harlen Jacobs, & Marc Durie
• Produced by: Tymo
• Mixed by: Graham Smith at Atreus XO Studios
• Mastered by: Graham Smith at Atreus XO Studios
• Album Artwork by: Andrei Bouzikov
• Member of SOCAN
• Canadian Content (MAPL)
Album and Live Band Line Up:
Tim Tymo – Vocals & Guitar
Nick Schwartz: Guitar & Backing Vocals
Harlen Jacobs: Bass & Backing Vocals
Marc Durie: Drums & Backing Vocals
The album as a whole:
The album has a common theme of destruction and chaos! Themes of destroying to gain control and take over! Lyrically and musically the album moves very fast, we wanted to create a feeling of chaos happening all around the listener! We touch on subjects of mental illness, alien invasion, civil conflicts, social media, and substance abuse! We accompany that with fast riffs, shreddy solos and thick angry vocals! – Tim Tymo
Track by Track Explained:
1. Tymonicide: A fast instrumental opener to warm the listener up to the band and the new record! It leads directly into the next track “Sanity Clause.” Similar to Megadeth’s “Into The Lungs Of Hell” leading into “Set The World Afire.”
2. Sanity Clause: An angry thrasher touching on the subjects of suicide and the journey to hell to relive the pain over and over again! The riffs accompany the vocals in anger and it cuts through the pain like a razor! A fast punch in the face to start off the album!
3. Mars Attacks: Possibly Tymo’s new thrash anthem. Lyrically it’s about the film and the comics “Mars Attacks.” It tells the story of the Martians annihilating the human race and taking over the Earth! The riffs morph into each very smoothly. If you love old school Exodus, you will love Mars Attacks!
4. Estrogenocide: One of the groovier and gallopy tracks on the album! Lyrically it tells the story of women taking over the Earth and slaughtering all of the men to create a Utopia! Surviving men are enslaved for their seed to continue the human race! This track was inspired by the Rick & Morty Episode “Gazorpazorp.”
5. Age Of Deception: A groovy, progressive, jazz fusion inspired track, similar to Megadeth’s first two records “Killing Is My Business” and “Peace Sells.” The song touches on the subject of social media abuse and how people change once they get behind technology! The human race is now very connected yet very distant from each other!
6. The Roy Parson Project: A song with a mix of fast thrash and groove metal! It’s inspired by Roy Parson from the Rick & Morty episode “Mortynight Run.” It touches on the subject of Roy’s journey and the effects of video game addiction. We like to escape real life to find more enjoyment in the virtual world! If you’re a Lich King fan, you love this track!
7. War Beneath The Skull: The slowest and most progressive song on the album. A journey through different time signatures and feel changes. It’s a groovefest with some industrial elements! Lyrically it’s about the internal fight that comes with mental illness. Always having a battle with yourself!
8. The Art Of A Maniac: The title track of the album is definitely the angriest and most ferocious song on the album! The riffs are fast and will satisfy any thrash metal fan, this song has a little bit of everything from the album. The lyrics were inspired by “Art The Clown” and “The Devil’s Rejects.” It follows the point of view of a mass murderer on a killing spree. A full on maniac!
9. Alcoholocaust: Tymo’s party and drinking anthem! This is Tymo’s “Whiplash.” Fast open string riffs that take you on a wild ride! It tells the story of Tymo on tour and partying their way through every town! Very Municipal Waste inspired! We wanted to end the album with a bang and we feel this song delivers!
BAND STORY ANGLES / FUN FACTS
1. So far most of Tymo’s song subjects revolve around destruction, aliens, and Rick & Morty!
2. Tymo started out as a hard rock band but we were a metal band at heart! We were pulled aside by a promoter after our second show and told we should be ourselves and play what we want to play, which is metal. The rest is history!
3. Tymo is well known for how well they cover other metal songs! The band performed as “Megadeth” at a Bands As Bands Halloween show back in 2019! The band covered Holy Wars…The Punishment Due, Skin O My Teeth, Wake Up Dead, The Conjuring, Devil’s Island, & My Last Words!
4. Songs Age Of Deception and We The Pawns include gang vocals from all four band members! Both parts were recorded in a cramped vocal booth with the band circled around a vocal mic! Social distancing at its finest!
5. While filming the music video for Killer Krom, the band invited a bunch of fans to be a part of the video! Everyone was paid with pizza and all you can drink Lucky beer! It was one of the drunkest Sundays we have ever had, it definitely shows in the video!
L-R – Nick Schwartz (Guitar), Tim Tymo (Vocals & Guitar), Marc Durie (Drums), Harlen Jacobs (Bass)
Photo Credit by Dana Zuk
“A golden shower of thrash metal!” Six words to sum up Tymo! A band whose attitude lives up to the title of their debut album “Purge & Reset”. Lead guitarist and vocalist Tim Tymo explains that the origin of the title is more than words; it is a statement of lost faith in humanity. “Let’s just say we have a creator or superior being. If this god gave up everything we needed to flourish and returned to see all the wars and corruption, it would want to wipe the slate clean and start over. Hence…PURGE AND RESET!
Formed in Edmonton in 2015, Tymo is comprised of Tim Tymo as the lead guitarist and vocalist, Nick Schwartz on rhythm guitar, Harlen Jacobs on bass, and Marc Durie on drums.
Tim Tymo describes the band’s sounds as “loud, angry, and explosive thrash”. Tymo has a serious mission to entertain their fans. “We love writing and performing, and we all share a common passion for thrash metal. We wanted to reference our heroes and mix up that inspiration with our own brew and see what we came up with, and here we are. We want to give people a source of inspiration and excitement!
Tymo’s debut album “Purge & Reset” was released in August of 2017 and Tymo performed shows in support of the album throughout 2018. The band returned to the studio in early 2019 to record a single entitled “Sanity Clause.” It was released in late 2019 with very positive reviews and sold-out shows! Due to Covid 19, the band spent much of 2020 in the studio recording their follow-up album to Purge & Reset!
As of 2021, Tymo performed at the Loud As Hell Festival 2021 and has finished recording their next full-on thrash album! Much faster and more aggressive than Purge & Reset. The album entitled “The Art of A Maniac” is planned to be released in 2022 and Tymo has a mission to expand its audience and dominate the world! Planning to tour Europe and many other countries.
See you out there!
2022 – The Art Of A Maniac – LP
2017 – Purge & Reset – LP
Shared Stage with:
Ninjaspy, Mortillery, Hazzerd, W.M.D, Thor, Flotsam & Jetsam, Eye Of Horus, Quietus, Into Eternity, Arrival Of Autumn, Planet Eater, Terrifier, Iron Kingdom, Tides Of Kharon, Untimely Demise, Juliet Ruin, Illyrian, Immunize, Black Friday, Ravage Red, and many more!
Tours and Festivals:
2021 – Loud As Hell Festival, Drumheller, AB
2017 – CEMR Fest – Edmonton, AB
2016 – Muel Fest – Edmonton, AB