EPK – My Beautiful Suicide – The Reckoning (single) (2021)
Publicist – Jon Asher – jon[@]ashermediarelations[.]com
For fans of Marilyn Manson, Nine Inch Nails, Linkin Park, 3 Teeth, Project 86
Single Title: The Reckoning
Release Date: February 4, 2021
“An electronic rock song with a danceable beat about rising up and overcoming the things that beat you down. Coming to the point where enough is enough and no matter what, dead or alive, you’re going to rise above it. Could be good or bad. Maybe you’re overcoming addiction. Maybe you’re going to kill the person who abused you for years. This is a dark grinding mechanical foray into hatred and forgiveness. This single is part of an upcoming concept album, where each song is a piece of a puzzle that comes together over the duration of the record. Each song will tell a story that fits into a bigger picture, combining to explain an overall bigger story. There’s a positive message with the album, even though there are quite a few darker moments; sometimes it’s hard to see that there’s a light at the end of the tunnel. It’s there, but there’s a lot of darkness that needs to be gone through to reach it.” – Ian D. – My Beautiful Suicide
Facebook.com/mybeautifulsuicideofficial | Instagram.com/my_beautiful_suicide_official | Mybeautifulsuicide.bandcamp.com
My Beautiful Suicide, from Grand Rapids, USA has a new music video out for the single “The Reckoning”. Dark and gritty, the band pays homage to 90s era industrial and goth with this electronic rock song that boasts a danceable beat and lyrical themes about rising up and overcoming the things that beat you down. The man behind the project, Ian D., shares his thoughts on this pick:
“I chose “The Reckoning” to be the first single, because it’s catchy, dark, heavy, and has some cool vocals on it. Originally, I was thinking of a different track, but Tommy Church sent over the latest mix, which was different than the one I originally had worked on. I knew the moment I listened to it that I wanted it to be the first song to be released for the planned album. It will be track 5 on the record, I believe, so it’s almost in the middle of the concept/story being told, but as a stand-alone track I think it’s a good introductory track into the sound that is My Beautiful Suicide.”
The video for “The Reckoning” was shot completely in Ian D.’s house during the pandemic. Taking advantage of free time, he wrote and put together the ideas for it in one night, and Jon Conner of A Hole in the Head Productions helped bring it to life.
BAND STORY ANGLES / FUN FACTS:
1. The name My Beautiful Suicide comes from the idea of killing the negativity in your life; changing habits, making decisions that will better yourself, overcoming addiction. In doing so you are killing that old part of you, and emerging a new person. It’s humorous some of the reactions we’ve gotten from people hearing the name, without taking a moment to think about it, simply because it has the word suicide in it.
2. The video for The Reckoning was shot completely in Ian D.’s house during Covid. Ian had nothing but time so he figured it was perfect. he wrote and put together the ideas for it in a night, and Jon Conner of A Hole in the Head Productions really helped him bring it to life. He’s fantastic and really knows his shit when it comes to film. Ian included several of his own pets, including one of his tarantulas, scorpion, and African Bull Frog.
[Download Single Cover | Download Single Lyrics]
Track Listing: The Reckoning (3:22)
• All songs performed by: Ian D./ Thomas Church
• All songs written by: Ian D./ Thomas Church
• Produced by: Thomas Church
• Mixed by: Thomas Church
• Mastered by: Thomas Church
• Album Artwork by: Ian D.
• Member BMI
Band Line Up:
Trackbacks & Pingbacks
No incoming links found yet.