EPK – Escapement – Feed (2021) (single)
Publicist – Jon Asher – asher[@]ashermediarelations[.]com
Release Date: March 11, 2021
“Feed” was the first song that Alex Nasla and Johnny Ray worked on together. It started out as a small project that took many months to complete due to their busy schedules. Johnny sent the original song to Alex, who in turn wrote the keys for it. At that point, Johnny decided to have Alex fly to Florida so they could work together on a video, along with Thomas Crane from Kill Devil Films. It came together organically and ended up being a great success!”
Facebook.com/escapement | Digital Platforms – https://distrokid.com/hyperfollow/escapement1/feed
BAND STORY ANGLES / FUN FACTS
1. Alex is in the band Witherfall that is signed to Century Media.
2. Johnny is in the band 3 Headed Snake signed to Cleopatra Records. This band debuted at Bloodstock 2019 in the UK, and includes members of Ministry and Devil Driver.
3. Alex runs the YouTube channel Gear Gods along with Trey Xavier.
4. Johnny is a vocal coach at http://stellarvocals.com.
5. Alex is a manager and producer, currently managing the power metal act Helion Prime.
6. Johnny is also in the Tampa-based progressive rock fusion band The Mourning.
7. Alex is a co-owner/co-founder of Spectre Digital along with Glenn Fricker. This is a software that makes world class audio tools for musicians. 8. Alex is also an educator teaching production courses with Pro Mix Academy and on Spectre Digital.
Escapement was born on the high seas when vocalist Johnny Ray (3 Headed Snake) and keyboardist Alex Nasla (Helion Prime, Witherfall) were attending the 70,000 Tons of Metal cruise. Ray was a stagehand during the cruise, and Nasla was covering press for his company Gear Gods. They kept in touch afterward, and during the initial COVID-19 shutdown Ray sent some music he was working on to Alex. They decided to work together and make great music happen.
A few months after the songs were finished they decided to shoot a music video for their planned debut single “Feed.” Nasla flew to Florida where the music video was shot alongside Ray (vocals), Loren Whitaker (drums), Chris Massie (guitar), and Brandon Delpino (bass). It was directed by Thomas Crane of Kill Devil Films.
The name Escapement comes from the movement of a mechanical watch. It symbolizes winding the group’s love of cyberpunk aesthetics and steampunk design together with a purpose of the escapement, which is maintaining balance. This name greatly represents the project aesthetically and spiritually.
Escapement is a force of lyrical/vocal prowess, atmospheric yet technical keyboard work, dark and heavy guitars, and banging drums. This year in 2021 there are plans to release new material including singles, music videos, and the writing of an upcoming debut album. As the world returns closer to normal, fans can expect a band that sounds as great playing live as it does recorded.
Music video credits: Johnny Ray (vocals), Alex Nasla (keyboards), Chris Massie (guitar), Brandon Delpino (bass), Loren Whitaker (drums).
• All songs written by: Johnny Ray and Alex Nasla
• Produced, Mixed, Mastered by: Alex Nasla
Recording Band Line Up: Johnny Ray (Vocals), Alex Nasla (Keyboards), Gabriele Costa (Bass), Francesco Pinter (Guitar), David Velez (Drums)
Live Band Line Up: Johnny Ray (Vocals), Alex Nasla (Keyboards), Brandon Delpino (Bass), Loren Whitaker (Drums), Francesco Pinter (Guitar)