EPK – Alexander – I (2020)
Publicist – Jon Asher – asher[@]ashermediarelations[.]com
For Fans of Sunn O))), Boris, Merzbow, Caspar Brötzmann Massaker, Burial Chamber Trio, Lustmord, Neurosis
“While other bands of the same style, Sunn O))) for instance, mostly aim for the slow and, as the name of the genre suggests, droning tones. Alexander however, implements other sounds into the music, unnerving sounds of laughs and the like. “Runes” gives the impression, and has the atmosphere, of a ghost town. Faint sounds of what used to be.” – Metal Injection
“This is extremely well made material… for those who “get” this music I suspect this one will be regarded as quite the unexpected gem.” – House of Prog
Comprised of Kyle Alexander McDonald (Voices, Bass, Sub Synth, and FX) of Canadian mantra doom band ZAUM and Jörg Alexander Schneider (Drums, Percussion) of German free jazz band Jealousy Mountain Duo, the funeral drone twosome known as Alexander released their debut album “I” on October 31, 2020 via Superbob Records.
“I” is a two-track monolithic funeral drone experience that is a dark and intangible descent into madness that echoes with reverberation plus drawn-out riffs and comes from the duo’s shared appreciation of experimentation and true artistic expression within music and sound.
“Fans of our other musical endeavours should find this fits quite almost as expected in a sense. No lyrics, writing is channeled directly from the fringe of the universe. Reconsider the reality of your existence, in the present moment. Allow yourself to have your perspective altered!”
Just now commencing their audiological voyage, Alexander suggests that several more experimental funeral drone albums will follow. Alexander is recommended for fans of Sunn O))), Boris, and Merzbow.
“I” is available via Superbob Records on 12” LP.
Album order in Germany/Europe – https://schneidercollaboration.bandcamp.com/album/alexander
Album order in Canada/USA – http://alexanderseye.bandcamp.com
BAND STORY ANGLES / FUN FACTS
2. All drums recorded in Huckelhoven, Germany, and all other instrumentation and sounds recorded, mixed, and mastered in Moncton, NB, Canada. 2 more albums in the works currently.
3. Kyle’s Mantra Doom band ZAUM and Jorg’s Experimental Noise band Jealousy Mountain Duo toured 16 shows across each province in beautiful (mainland) Canada and back in 2017.
4. Both members’ first instrument was drums.
5. Both members own and operate a recording studio on their respective continents.
6. Both members have toured over 250 tour dates on each other’s continent in previous bands.
7. Both members happen to have the same given name ALEXANDER.
Album Title: I
Release Date: October 31, 2020
Label: Superbob Records
1. Astral Descent (15:14)
2. Runes (19:23)
Album Length: 34:38
• All songs performed by: Kyle Alexander McDonald and Jörg Alexander Schneider
• All songs written by: Kyle Alexander McDonald and Jörg Alexander Schneider
• Produced by: ALEXANDER
• Mixed by: Kyle Alexander McDonald
• Mastered by: Kyle Alexander McDonald
• Album Artwork by: Simon Heath
• Member of SOCAN
• Canadian Content (MAPL)
Album Band Line Up:
Kyle Alexander (Voices, Bass, Sub Synth)
Jörg Alexander (Drums, Percussion).
2020 – I