EPK – King Ov Wyrms – Lord Ov Thornes (2020)
Album Title: Lord Ov Thornes
Release Date: November 20th, 2020
For fans of Morbid Angel, Bloodbath, Enthroned, Vader, Dark Funeral
“Fury does indeed radiate from the music in violent waves. The song (Thorne Bearer) takes flight through rapid-fire drum battery and deep, dismal, heaving tremolo’d riffing that climbs and flares in manifestations of madness and misery, and squalls in blasts of vicious, mauling cruelty. Sanchez contributes his own vocals to the melee, venting horrid growls and scorching screams, which add to the music’s enraged and ferocious striking power. The song’s urgent pace never relents, but the drum patterns morph, as do the riffs, which feverishly squirm and flail as well as jolt and jar in savage, pulsing fashion. The jet-fueled energy and barbarous intensity of the music are both intense and captivating, and they’re joined in the red zone by sensations of rage and maniacal menace.” – No Clean Singing
“some beautiful, new extremity from King Ov Wyrms! Be on the lookout for their forthcoming album “Lord Ov Thornes”” – The Circle Pit
“Some pretty savage blackened death metal here. Lord ov Thornes is one of those albums that starts at full speed and doesn’t slow down much, if at all. Take 51 minutes of that and call me in the morning… If you’re at all a fan of very fast and heavy black and death metal and have been looking for a new band that does it well, King of Wyrms just delivered the goods for you.” – The Metal Crypt
“Lord Ov Thornes is a sickening effort that blazes with satanic and ritualistic power. Marvel in horror at what is crafted here, beginning with the unforgiving Threnody and the sheer brutality of The Great Sleeper. Within the first two tracks, it’s abundantly clear what we have here is something dredged from a well situated in hell.” – Games, Brrraaains & A Head-Banging Life
“Lord Ov Thornes”, the debut album by KING OV WYRMS, a worthy contender in the late year heralding the cold and darkness that is coming for us. The man has left nothing to chance, electing to fill every position himself on both sides of the studio glass, and the end result is a consistent and thought-out fifty-one minutes of solid metal.” – Metal Temple
“it deserves a place on your playlist if you like your music heavy, malevolent and underpinned by Lovecraftian themes.” – Scream Blast Repeat
“Nothing short of an aural assault of pure mayhem……” – Permafrost Today
“ing Ov Wyrms is blasting brutal death loaded with lots of black metal riffs and dual growl/shriek vocals, with a death/brutal production. Press “play” and watch this thing launch into linear relentless attacks of brutality over and over for the duration. It is almost totally nonstop blasting, energetic, superfast extremity only for the true love-it-all fanatics.” – Metal Bulletin
“King Ov Wyrms sees Sanchez present a straightforward, ruthless, rampaging festival of hard hitting, heavy riffs encased in a thick, apocalyptic atmosphere. Embodying the spirit of the classic late eighties and early nineties acts with a new, modern aggression… From the album’s cataclysmic opening with ‘Thredony’ to its closing dissonant chord found in ‘Ascendance Of A Continual One’ which echoes into the back void, this is a straightforward blackened death metal album that is out to take the scene by the throat.” – Noizze UK
BAND STORY ANGLES / FUN FACTS
1. This is the first album entirely worked on exclusively by Michael Sanchez, he’s been the main songwriter for Pain Patterns and has had his contributions towards Judicator, but everything done by King Ov Wyrms so far is all done by him with no outside additions.
2. This is the 2nd full-length album Michael has produced from his home studio Odyssey Sound Studios, aside from doing some preproduction for several Tucson bands and helping record for the Judicator albums, and taking the production control for Pain Patterns.
3. King Ov Thornes has gone through at least 8 different band members before ultimately becoming a solo effort, the original idea was to feature some of Michael’s personal favorite band members from his favorite Arizona based death metal groups.
4. This is the first time Michael’s vocals have been recorded, Michael has done backing vocals for Pain Patterns for several years under the instruction of Jesse Lujan (Pain Patterns main vocalist). After recording some demo vocals for early King Ov Wyrms tracks Michael was pushed to attempt doing vocals for the whole album by Paul Black of Turned To Stone and Patrick Parris of Project Roenwolfe.
King Ov Wyrms is homage to classic death and black metal acts of the late ’80s/early ’90s with a touch of modern aggression.
Formed in Tucson, AZ. King came from the want of a more aggressive act when the main band of Michael Sanchez, Pain Patterns, started taking its roots in early 2015. He loved the music he was creating but felt that the band couldn’t fulfill his desire for a purely aggressive musical venture.
The project went through many different lineup changes only to be consistently held together by Sanchez. Having studied classical music and jazz to a degree while growing up, it gave him the tools to write comfortably on his own even in the concept of metal music. He starts out with a basic riff or a small melody line off of a piano and just adds on and on until it manifests into some sort of abomination of sound.
In early 2020 upon Sanchez’s departure from the power metal act Judicator, he decided to pull King out of hiatus but only as a solo effort to produce a full-length album. Over the span of several months, Sanchez was able to completely record all of the songs previously written for King as a full lineup, this time all the music was performed and written solely by him.
King Ov Wyrms will release its debut album “Lord Ov Thornes” on November 20th, 2020, and it will feature lyrical themes encompassing the occult, and a deep love for Lovecraftian horror.
Album Title: Lord Ov Thornes
Release Date: November 20th, 2020
1. Threnody (5:48)
2. The Great Sleeper (7:31)
3. Hell’s Breathe (5:40)
4. From Below (5:51)
5. The Maggots That Crawled From The Wounds (8:57)
6. Lechery (4:24)
7. Thorne Bearer (4:18)
8. Ascendance Of A Continual One (8:53)
Album Length: 51:26
• All songs performed by: Michael Sanchez
• All songs written by: Michael Sanchez
• Produced by: Michael Sanchez
• Mixed by: Michael Sanchez (Odyssey Sound Studios)
• Mastered by: Michael Sanchez (Odyssey Sound Studios)
• Album Artwork by: Thomas Carlson
• Member of ASCAP
Album Band Line Up:
Michael Sanchez – Vocals, Guitars, Bass, Drum Programming
2020 – Lord Ov Thornes