EPK – Prospects – Orphic Trigger (single) (2020)
Publicist – Jon Asher – asher[@]ashermediarelations[.]com
For fans Between The Buried And Me, The Contortionist, Opeth, Protest The Hero
Orphic Trigger (single) – Spotify, Apple Music, Google Play, Amazon Pre Save HERE.
BAND STORY ANGLES / FUN FACTS
1. Prospects started out as one person (Robert) and didn’t grow to be a band until 2019.
2. Robert’s first album “Calling Of A Red Bird” was a concept album he had thought of himself.
3. Two members Robert and Matt both have been employees at a music store for a number of years. Matt Dalton and Anthony Zicari have both obtained their degree in music and are music educators, teaching music part time.
4. Since there is some distance between band members we all recorded/tracked the instrumentals on our own, compiled them into an organized folder and sent them to be mixed and mastered by Jamie King. Vocals were recorded by Mike Indovina.
Prospects is a Toronto progressive metal band founded in 2014 by multi-instrumentalist Robert Medeiros. Generally inspired by modern metal and acts from numerous other genres Prospects released their debut “The Calling of a Red Bird” in 2017 as a foray into the plethora of bedroom level studio albums.
Following this advent, Medeiros took a short hiatus to refine his songwriting and production skills. He would meet guitarist Matt Dalton in 2019 and form the initial line up with Mathew Lothian on bass shortly after.
With the initial 2017 release of Calling of a Red Bird utilizing midi drums, the group was looking for a real drummer that could fill the role. After posting in several online forums and Facebook groups, it wasn’t too long before finding drummer Anthony Zicari and things fell into place.
As rehearsals became a regular thing and a few songs started shaping up the band aimed to find their way onto local bills around the GTA (greater Toronto area).
Back to the recording sessions, the band has been working on their new EP “Recalling” expected for release in 2020. Working with Jamie King (Between The Buried And Me, The Contortionist, Etc) for mixing and mastering, the band is confident a great product for the masses. The EP “Recalling” is a collection of old and new material, showcasing where the band has come from, but also where they are heading!
Shared Stage with:
The Ocean Cure, Fallen Legion, Plethora, Rolodex Darko, Dead 3 Days
2017 – The Calling of a Red Bird
2020 **TBD – Recalling EP
EP Title: Recalling EP
Release Date: Single “Orphic Trigger” August 7, 2020. Rest of EP TBD
1. Orphic Trigger
3. Admit The Endless Sky
4. Unseen Observer
• All songs performed by:Prospects
• All songs written by:Prospects
• Produced by:Prospects
• Mixed by:Jamie King
• Mastered by:Jamie King
• EP Artwork by:Javier Del Pozo (Grizzly Victory)
• Member of SOCAN
• Canadian Content (MAPL)
EP / Live Band Line Up:
Robert Medeiros – Guitar/Keys/Vocals
Matt Dalton – Guitar/Vocals
Matthew Lothian – Bass
Anthony Zicari – Drums