(contact info below)
Calgary, AB – March 5, 2019
Artists interested in submitting their works for the 2019 YYC Music Awards can apply at the following link: https://yycmusicawards.com/submit/ (Submissions deadline May 31st)
Please note submission requirements:
The album or single must have been commercially released between March 1st, 2018 and February 28th, 2019 to be eligible. This time frame will be strictly enforced, and the YYCMA will not accept submissions for materials released outside this time frame. Singles may not be part of a collection previously nominated.
Who can apply?
Artists from the Calgary area, including Airdrie, Banff, Canmore, Cochrane, Strathmore, and areas up to a maximum 125 km radius of the City of Calgary.
To be considered for a 2019 YYC Music Award, submissions must be received by midnight Mountain Time on May 31, 2018. No extensions will be granted.
Category Description & Eligibility:
Full Details can be read here.
2019 YYC Music Awards Categories:
Artists may only submit to one of the following categories:
– Alternative Recording of the Year
– Blues/Jazz Recording of the Year
– Classical Recording of the Year
– Country Recording of the Year
– Contemporary Inspirational Recording of The Year
– EDM Recording of The Year
– Folk Recording of the Year
– Jazz Recording of The Year
– Metal Recording of the Year
– Pop Recording of the Year
– R & B / Soul Recording of The Year
– Rap / Hip-Hop Recording of The Year
– Rock Recording of the Year
– World Music Recording of the Year
Artists may submit to more than one of these categories:
– Female Artist of the Year
– Group of the Year
– Industry Person of the Year
– Male Artist of the Year
– Music Video of the Year
– People’s Choice Award
– Single of the Year
– Songwriter of the Year
– Zackariah and The Prophets Memorial Award
2018 Nominees Spotify Playlist here.
For more info:
The YYC MUSIC AWARDS celebrates the artists that embrace Calgary as home; entertaining and supporting its arts and culture. The award event was founded by music industry professionals, with backgrounds in artist management, booking agents, media as well as recording studio production/engineering.
DIRECTORS | ORGANIZERS
Leanne Harrison | Program Director
Shannon Ambrose | Public Relations & Media Director
Sarah Fiedler | Artist Relations Director
Erin Hall | Sponsorships & Funding Director