Warcall – Invaders
Release Date: October 13, 2017
Label: Plan B Music
For fans of Motorhead mixed with Dissection
“A fucking great, ass kicking debut from one of the best acts of the 2K era of Canadian Metal Scene.” – ArcBasstard/ Impaled Nazarene
“The creativeness they’ve put into their debut far surpasses anything else I have heard from new Canadian bands this year…Inventive, fun, crisp and a great first offering”. – Exclaim!
“Warcall is its own band and a good one at that”. – Metallian.com
“WARCALL’s delivery is fresh, powerful, with good drive and melodies and this tight-knit feeling that just gives you this sense of urgency.” – The Metal Observer
Album Title : Invaders
Label: Plan B MusicTrack Listing:
1. Mission Commando (4:45)
2. Riding with Zombies (3:32)
3. Bully Bastard (3:13)
4. Mass Extinction (4:43)
5. The Man Who Suffers (5:33)
6. Fight Back (4:25)
7. Black Panther (3:30)
8. Through the Dusk (4:08)
9. Para Belum (4:06)
10. Alien Forces (5:49)
• All songs performed by: WarCall
• All songs written by: WarCall
• Produced by: WarCall and Jean-Christophe Lachaine
• Mixed by: Jean-Christophe Lachaine
• Mastered by: Jean-Christophe Lachaine
• Album Artwork by: Timur Haribov
2009 – Demonarchy
2013 – Blood, guts and dirt
2015 – III
2017 – Invaders
Destruction, Anvil, Paul Di’Anno, Kalmah, Catamenia, Impaled Nazarene, Arkona, Norther, Anonymus, Slaves on Dope, Martyr, Insurrection, Reanimator, Neuraxis
Tours and Festivals:
2016 – INNERFEST – Jonquiere, QC
2015 – Europe Tour (France, Germany, Belgium)
2015 – Europe Tour (France, Spain, Czech Republic)EUROPE TOUR 2014
2011 – Quebec / Ontario Tour w/ Kalmah
2008 – Catamenia Tour (QC/ON)
War has always been an intrinsic part of humanity. Whether it is huge wars involving entire countries, or the small wars we all fight everyday to survive, it is fair to say that war has defined humanity.
One of the definite treatises on war is Sun Tzu’s ‘The Art of War’; a book still in print to this very day. On the use of music in war, Sun Tzu writes: “Gongs and drums, banners and flags, are means whereby the ears and eyes of the host may be focussed on one particular point.”
Now, we have WarCall, who not only use drums, but also bass, guitars and vocals to achieve the same end with their growing army of fans.
Inspired by Iron Maiden, Metallica, Motorhead, Dissection and Slayer, guitarist Mathieu Simard describes WarCall’s music as “fast, aggressive, melodic, dramatic, aggressive!”.
Now, with three well-received albums under their bullet-belts (‘Demonarchy’, ‘Blood, Guts and Dirt’, ‘III’), this power-trio are about to unleash their fourth ‘Invaders’. The album features 10 tracks and is concept release based on humans fighting back an alien invasion with a message of fighting oppression, resisting, reconquering, but without knowing if it is really over.
“Everybody who has followed WarCall since our beginnings will be extremely satisfied with ‘Invaders’. It is our best sound, best production, best song writing and best musical performances. The new album is a return to the style on the first two albums. On album ‘’III’’, we wanted a raw approach so it was recorded live in the studio on analog tape for a truly rock and roll feel. With ‘’Invaders’’, it’s a more polished production with more energy and experience.” says Simard.
Live, WarCall truly take their fans to new dimension.
“We want our fans to travel into the universe that we create. For a three-piece, we make a lot of noise. We also include scenic elements that remind the audience of a battlefield so the mood is set up from the beginning of the show. And we dress up military style so there is really no confusion as to who is on stage when we play.”
Warcall’s forthcoming album “Invaders” is due out October 13, 2017 via Plan B Music and will be supported by an October European tour of France, Germany, Belgium and Czech Republic.
1. Mission Commando: The start of a war, how can we organize to defend and fight back, all the way, whatever the cost.
2. Riding With Zombies: a song about the grueling life of touring. Plain and simple.
3. Bully Bastard: A song about resistance, standing up for ourselves.
4. Mass Extinction: When things get to a low point, sometimes you have to make difficult decisions.
5. The Man Who Suffers: Men have a tendency to fight their own.
6.Fight Back: Once regrouped, the charge is so strong that everything is possible. Are we willing to go until the end?
7. Black Panther: Special units are a different kind of warriors and it is not for everyone.
8. Through The Dusk: A special mission that has to be completed.
9. Para Belum: Don’t fear to destroy everything to rebuild everything.
10. Alien Forces: The last battle, we prevail, but will they be back?