(contact info below)
Montreal, QC – July 2017
ARMSTRONG METAL FEST 2017 Survival Guide
AMF 2017 w/ REVOCATION, NINJASPY, AGGRESSION, GOLERS and more!
Tickets On Sale Now!
Promo Video – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9zHeA2pKWs
Free Download – AMF’s Mountain Moshpit Vol. 2
featuring over an hour of headbanging tunes of performing bands
With just over a week till this year’s ARMSTRONG METALFEST kicking off on July 14th and 15th at the Hassen Arena in Armstrong, BC, the event has issued 13 tips in their survival guide for those attending. This year’s ninth edition is once again situated in the Okanagan Valley with the beautiful backdrop of the Rocky Mountains. The fest is British Columbia’s largest gathering of metalheads from across Western Canada and beyond. This year’s 2017 line up includes headliners Boston’s tech death / thrash titans REVOCATION, Vancouver’s reggae-metal fusion NINJASPY, Canadian 80’s thrash legends AGGRESSION and Vancouver Whammy Award Best Local Metal Artist winner GOLERS among many more from across the country. (Full list of bands and set times below.)
A weekend pass is available for $120 CAD regular pre-sale with camping included in ticket price. Weekend of festival, the weekend pass will be $160 CAD at the festival gate. Day pass will be available at the festival gate only for $70 CAD. Camping is an additional $20 CAD for day pass per night. Please visit the following link for details and purchase: https://armstrongmetalfest.ca/tickets/
How To Survive AMF 2017:
1. Besides the beer remember to HYDRATE! It’s long days of moshing and headbanging! So don’t forget while funneling the beers down to keep some water on hand! No passing out allowed!
2. Don’t forget to wear your official AMF t-shirt!
3. Don’t blast yourself to deafness! Earplugs got to protect that hearing for future fests.
4. Show me the money!! Don’t forget to bring enough coins for band merch, grub and drinks, etc. ATM on site!
5. Get off your phone and watch the show! But when ya do need it… make sure it’s all charged up for that one call ya do need to make!
6. OH Behave! Respect others and others will respect you.
7. Don’t forget the cool runnings! Cooler for your beers! Got to keep them cozy when ya return to the campsite for pillaging.
8. If ya see a bear! Back away slowly, preferably in the direction you came. Walk, don’t run, and keep your eye on the bear so you can see how it will react.
9. Print band schedule! Don’t want to miss the band you really want to see, we will have some on site, but they do run out quick!
10. Don’t Litter! Not cool fool! Make sure you have enough garbage bags on camp site.
11. Pack the right stuff, make sure you got the essentials, sun screen, TP for your bum, snacks, beer stein, first aid kit, allergy pills, and maybe some pepto.
12. Sleeping between the mountains and under the stars.
*Don’t forget to bring a comfy tent, air mattress or ground foam pad, sleeping bags, tarps in case it rains, bug repellent, boots if it rains, some basic gear consisting of a camping stove, instant coffee, a flashlight, etc.
13. No campfires. So make sure you have something warm to wear in case it’s a tad chilly. You’re in the mountains and the beautiful backdrop of the Okanagan! Respect the beauty of nature!
ARMSTRONG METALFEST 2017 Line-Up & Set Times:
11:20pm – 12:20am – GOLERS (Vancouver, BC) (Vancouver Whammy Award Best Local Metal Artist winner) – https://www.facebook.com/The-Golers-Inbred-Militia–103231376426551
Taking influence from Europe’s music festival circuit, Armstrong Metal Fest is a heavy metal celebration that encourages metal heads from across Canada and the globe to mosh and camp with the backdrop of great outdoors of British Columbia’s Okanagan Valley. What started as a backyard party in 2009 with nothing but eleven local metal bands such as Terrifier, Xul and Odinfist to name a few, has grown into a a huge success admired by the Western Canadian Metal scene. 2016 was the eighth year of the festival and was its largest year for music and attendance. Previous years of the festival have seen line ups with Cattle Decapitation, Suffocation, Beyond Creation, Dayglo Abortions, Rivers of Nihil, The Zenith Passage, Anciients, Bison BC, Striker, Crimson Shadows, Holy Grail, Archspire, Cryptopsy, Unleash The Archers, Divinity, Into Eternity, Ninjaspy, Vesperia, XUL, Odinfist, Death Toll Rising, Gomorrah among many others.
For more info, please visit www.ArmstrongMetalFest.ca
– 30 –
Armstrong MetalFest – http://www.armstrongmetalfest.ca
Calgary Metalfest – http://www.calgarymetalfest.com
Days of The Dead – https://www.facebook.com/DaysOfTheDeadRD
Farmageddon Open Air – http://www.farmageddon.ca
Loud As Hell – http://www.loudashell.com
Metalocalypstick – http://metalocalypstickfest.rocks
Metallion – http://www.facebook.com/metallionfestival
Sponsors / Partners:
The Green – http://www.thegreen.ca
Absolute Underground Mag – https://www.facebook.com/AbsoluteUndergroundTV
A.M.I. Clothing – http://www.okanagangear.com
Asher Media Relations – http://www.ashermediarelations.com
Askew’s Foods – http://www.askewsfoods.com/index.php
Big Rock Brewery – http://bigrockbeer.com
Broken Neck Radio – http://www.brokenneckradio.com
Calgary Beer Core – http://www.calgarybeercore.com
Canada’s Extreme Metal Radio – http://www.xtrememetalradio.ca
Metal Master Kingdom – http://www.metalmasterkingdom.com
Metal Nation Radio – http://www.metalnationradio.com
Muninn’s Post – http://www.muninnspost.com
Ogologo – http://www.ogologo.ca
PureGrainAudio – http://www.puregrainaudio.com
Rancho Vignola – http://www.ranchovignola.com