2. A Man Possessed (4:05)
3. Never (4:49)
4. Worth It (4:04)
EP Length: 16:54
– Production/Mixing: Q’s House Studio
– Mastered: Glen Allan
– Lyrics and Music – Ian Harper. Additional songwriting credit on Worth It to Belledonna
– Band Line Up:
Ian Harper (lead vocals, guitar, bass, and keyboard)
Lexi Graham (bass and backup vocals)
Adam Roberts (drums and percussion)
Additional vocals and percussion by Q Mike.Discography:
2017 – The Angels Ignired Us – EP
2012 – Project Infection (2012) – EP
First launching on to the Edmonton metal scene in 2006 and releasing their debut EP ‘Project Infection’ in 2012, ABSINTHE FROM SOCIETY return in 2017 after a short hiatus with their next release ‘The Angels Ignored Us’ due out February 24th.
Comprised of Ian “Saint Absinthe” Harper, the founder of the band (vocals, guitar and keyboard) and Adam “The Caveman” Roberts (drums & percussion) with Lexi “Shitkicker 9000” Graham (bass & vocals), the trio combine an aggressive sound with ethereal texture.
Their new release ‘The Angels Ignored Us’ touches on emotional themes with a raw heavy backdrop.
Band founder Ian Harper comments:
“Existing fans will love it and hopefully other people who hear it for the first time will be impressed. The EP has a lot of raw sound, which was part of the goal for the EP. We didn’t want anything overly produced because that seems to be the trend these days, and we feel that live music is really at the root of any musical renaissance.”
Influenced by bands such as Nine Inch Nails, Jimi Hendrix, Nirvana, Marilyn Manson, System of a Down, The Tea Party and The Foo Fighters, ABSINTHE FROM SOCIETY are not trying to be innovative, but simply pushing to entertain and reach as many people as possible.
“We find our music attracts different people. We have a heavier sound, but we do have softer melodies. My lyrics are emotionally charged and give each track its own personality. In this new EP, my writings deal mainly with relationships and especially toxic ones, which I’m sure many can relate to along with feelings of frustration and anger as well as sadness. Overall, whether you’re a mosher or someone who stands and grooves, we find we’ll appeal to most in the metal spectrum.”
Live, ABSINTHE FROM SOCIETY give it their all, lots of energy and engagement with the audience that they have been honing since their return to their local scene.
For updates and info, please visit http://www.AbsintheFromSociety.com.
‘The Angels Ignore Us’ will be available on iTunes, Amazon, Spotify, Bandcamp and all major online retailers as of Feb 24, 2017.
EP Track by Track breakdown by the band:
- Hellbent is about someone in a personal crisis tearing everything up around him and forcing everyone they love to watch as they spiral down.
- A Man Possessed is about a dominant personality overwhelming somebody; the devil on your shoulder constantly urging to give in to whatever vice wants to grab on and hold tight.
- Never is about the pain of a breakup and the anger and sadness mixed in when love chooses to leave.
- Worth It is about desperate love and never wanting to give up on it although it could potentially be unhealthy.