Vantablack Warship – Self-Titled EP (2015)
Contacts: PR Rep – Jon Asher – ashermedia[@]gmail.com
Radio Promotions – radiotrackingashermedia[@]gmail.com
Release Date: October 9, 2015
For fans of Cancer Bats, Slayer, Pantera, Entombed
Contact: PR Rep – Jon Asher – ashermedia[@]gmail.com
Radio Tracking: radiotrackingashermedia[@]gmail.com
“It’s a menacing mix of explosive thrash and you can let it pummel your senses by hitting play” – Exclaim!
“thrash, groove and gnarly vocals…it’s metal from start to finish and yet the overwhelming sense throughout is that this band’s attitude is punk to the core.” – Five Albums
“Assurément un groupe québécois à suivre et à ne pas manquer lorsqu’ils se produiront en spectacle dans votre région. Croyez-moi sur parole, Vantablack Warship – le mini-album et le groupe – fera date dans l’histoire de notre métal. ” – Muzik Injection
“The six songs are exactly what you would expect from a band in this genre, hard, ruthless, aggressive and this with a healthy dose of “f*ck the world and all in it” attitude…With this short record, Vantablack Warship shows they fit right into the current crossover scene and fans of bands like Municipal Waste or Suicidal Tendencies can surely appreciate this little piece of work.” – Lords of Metal
“It’s a hard hitting good time from start to end, no weak spots. It’s a mind bending cluster fuck to the tenth power. The vocals through out the album, so rich, yet so creative and they are their own thing. The melodies and mixing, everything has been extraordinary. It was more than a pleasure to listen to this!” – Taste of Khaos
“play a remarkably catchy brand of rocking deaththrash” – The Killchain Blog
“I’m very much digging it and hopefully there will be more coming from Vantablack Warship because I’ll be spinning this one over and over again.” – Thy Demons Be Scribblin
” Vantablack Warship wear their influences for all to see, there is, thankfully, no doubt that they have a sound that is all their own, or at least a sound made their own. Opening track You’ll Burn brings to mind Entombed’s 1993 classic Wolverine Blues, – as do all six tracks, in fact – but never to the point of plagiarism, and although Cancer Bats, Pantera and Slayer are all obvious influences too, there is no sense that you’re hearing a poor imitation, just a kick ass band with great taste in music.” – Morat 666
1. You’ll Burn For This (2:30)
2. The Pit (3:02)
3. The 99% (1:18)
4. Irreversible Kill (3:47)
5. From Silents To Haunting Possessions (3:38)
6. Fucked Machine (5:10)
EP Length: 19:27
• All songs performed by: Vantablack Warship
• All songs written by: Vantablack Warship
• Produced by: Patrick Knup & Vantablack Warship
• Mixed & Mastered by: Patrick Knup
• CD Cover, Album Artwork : Alexandre Amyot
• Album & Live Band Line Up: Pat Gordon – guitar, Yannick Pilon -vocals, Thierry Hivon – guitar, Kurt Clifford – bass, Pierre Pitre -drums
About the album and track by track explained by the band:
Well produced, Tight sounding album, With brutal riffs in the genre of Slayer, Entombed with a definite hardcore vibe. Was recorded in 8 hours so very much a live feel with very light overdubs.
Track by Track:
1. ‘You’ll Burn For This’ is about general frustration with where we are at politically both locally and globally.
2. ‘The Pit’ is about having a great fucking time no matter who you are when your in the moshpit… it’s basically a come as you are anthem and a call to come and release your frustrations and anger.
3. ‘The 99%’ is about the lower class, those 99% who the 1% control and a call to shake that cage.
4. ‘Irreversible Kill’ is very much about ISIS and terrorism, but sufficiently vague to also be about a man going out to fight for his country. A juxtaposition if you will between what someone from ISIS might find normal, versus what one of our own soldiers would think normal about going to war. But both getting to a point of wondering why the hell they are doing it in the first place.
5. ‘From Silents To Haunting Possessions’ simply an overview of the classic american horror movie… a scary tale is all.
6. ‘Fucked Machine is a title of a Bukowski book which we took to mean how fucked society is right now… it’s a bit of a communist manifesto…dare to dream of a different world. Let’s make it happen together.
L-R – Yannick Pilon – Vocals / Pierre Pitre – Drums / Kurt Clifford – Bass / Thierry Hivon – Guitar / Pat Gordon – Guitar – Photo Credit: Wayne William Archibald
Montreal’s VANTABLACK WARSHIP is a devastating maelstrom of dark, slow-churning metal, ready to devastate all in its path. Many of the members are veterans of the Quebec metal scene coming from well known and respected punk, death and thrash bands such as Arseniq33, Ghoulunatics, Les Ekorchés among many others.
This five-piece juggernaut delivers a pulverizing brand of thrash and death metal. Like the slow churn of a mechanical wheel grinding metal, the warship produces a punishing onslaught of sound from start to finish. Lyrically, the dreadnought writing forces are their bassist and vocalist, who focus on themes surrounding current events, horror, and politics – sometimes all rolled into one song.
VANTABLACK WARSHIP’s crew is comprised of Yannick (Pil) Pilon (Arseniq33, Buffalo Theory MTL) at the helm on vocals, Pat Gordon (Ghoulunatics, Les Ekorchés, Leprocy, Buffalo Theory Mtl) on guitar, Pierre Pitre (Arseniq33, Foreshadow) manning the drums, Thierry Hivon (Brutal Chérie, Sarkasm) rigging the guitar, and Kurt Clifford (Foreshadow) anchoring the bass .
The oncoming onslaught of metal that is VANTABLACK WARSHIP has been fine tuning its craft to set sail, will you be ready to withstand the tempest? Their self-titled EP is a crossroad of their collective influences will break the waves of monotony slated to be unleashed October 9th, 2015 and will be available through Bandamp and iTunes.
Shared stage with B.A.R.F / Bookakee / Buffalo Theory MTL.