Evertrapped – Under The Deep (2015) (Hellstorm Recordz)
Contacts: PR Rep – Jon Asher – ashermedia[@]gmail.com
Radio Promotions – radiotrackingashermedia[@]gmail.com
For fans of Unearth, Whitechapel, At The Gates, Mnemic, DevilDriver, Lamb Of God, Threat Signal, Soilwork, The Black Dahlia Murder
Evertrapped.com | Facebook | Reverbnation | Twitter | Youtube | Soundcloud | Last.FM
Bandcamp | CD Baby | iTunes | Amazon
Download High Res Press Photo | Download Album Booklet | Download Album Lyrics
Release Date: October 16, 2015
Label: Hellstorm Recordz
Track Listing: Evertrapped – Under The Deep
1. […] (1:58)
2. Arise From The Ashes (5:40)
3. Underneath The Deep (5:50)
4. Palace Of Injustice (6:06)
5. Hypnotized By Hatred (5:26)
6. Blood Of The Fallen (5:05)
7. Lethal District (6:28)
8. Burning Through Vengeance (5:36)
9. Reaper (5:30)
10. Embrace The End (5:55)
Album Length: 53:34
– Title: Under The Deep
– Label: Hellstorm Recordz
– All songs performed by: [EVERTRAPPED]
– All songs written by: Frederick Dupuis
– Produced By: [EVERTRAPPED]
– Mixed and Mastered by: Frederick Dupuis
– Single: Underneath The Deep
– Artwork and Photography by: Philip Faith
– Lyrics by: James Brookes
– Album and live band line-up:
Frederick Dupuis: Rhythm and lead guitars, Eric Lemire: Drums, Vincent Benoit: Rhythm and lead guitars, John Yates: Bass, James Brookes: Vocals
L-R – John Yates – Bass, Eric Lemire – Drums, Vincent Benoit – Guitar, James Brookes – Vocals, Frederick Dupuis – Guitar – Photo Credit: Luc Delorme
[EVERTRAPPED] are a Montreal-based five piece bringing relentlessly brutal melodic death metal to audiences since 2007. The name is intentionally written with enclosed brackets to signify the trappings of modern life for all of us and how people, despite their best attempts to break out of the mold are still affixed to a simple controlled existence and futility.
Members of the band bring together their collective experience from the Montreal metal scene to create their heavy brand of death metal. The guitarists Frederick Dupuis (ex-Daggerfalls) and Vincent Benoit hammer out raw guitar while drummer Eric Lemire (ex-Apocalypsys, ex-Ice Castle) pummels the drums. Their versatile frontman James Brookes (ex-Ammonia, ex-One Final Moment, Continuum) easily alternates between strong clear vocals and low bellowing screams giving listeners the illusion of more than one vocalist. John Yates (ex-AraPacis) weaves together each song with his driving bass lines to keep the punishing tracks energy at an all time high.
Lyrics are intentionally slightly abstract to lure fans to draw their own conclusions despite a perceived understanding of the tracks. Themes for the music revolve around personal turmoil and even stringing together the image of a future where the world is on the brink of an apocalypse.
The band’s influences range from Death Metal to Melodic Death primarily, along with some classic thrash and speed metal, which explains their technicality and diversity sonically. Live, the band is a whirlwind of aggression and sonically abrasive, yet sporadically melodic vocally and instrumentally.
The band will release their ‘Under The Deep’ on October 16, 2015 available through Hellstorm Recordz.
About the album and track by track explained by Evertrapped.
Under The Deep is an exploration of the deepest reaches of human madness. Not clinical madness, but simply the darkest regions of the soul and the blackest part of the human heart from a mind found to be socially functional, but is really way too far gone. And thus it seeks to explore what is underneath the deepest depth, hence no matter how deep you descend there’s always another layer that can be torn away.
- […] intro
- Arise From The Ashes: A depiction of someone who has actually reached the bottom, so their rise from there so to speak. Like the king of their own universe broken by all clawing it’s back but fueled by an ever consuming hatred.
- Underneath The Deep: A personal look at how a person can only be fucked up by someone else for too long until they break. But this takes you to a point where you now can’t come back.
- Palace Of Injustice: A stab at anyone blinded by the indoctrination of any institution and their ultimate demise that likely follows due to their ignorance towards it. However, it does aim more at the disgust of the institutions themselves and not so much the ignorance of the people.
- Hypnotized By Hatred: Another personal reflection, but in this case more a person who has been made to believe that all they do is wrong. So it brings up the sense where if you tell someone enough times that they are shit, then eventually they will just believe it. And in this case someone who becomes a very dark god loathing individual because it takes them to a point where they think it’s hysterical.
- Blood Of The Fallen: This is set in a horror like context although it not some zombie tribute. It simply laughs at how we place so much importance on the memory of the dead yet never bat an eye at the reality of human suffering which we ourselves cause.
- Lethal District: Somewhat of a post apocalyptic view of the surviving factions of humanity that instill themselves as the powers that be, and thus cast out the unclean, unworthy, and so forth. And therefore it sheds light on the madness and revolt of the unwanted.
- Burning Through Vengeance: This is a straight up rebel song. A certain arrogant fuck you to a society that rejects you, but you still know that you know better than them. So instead you’ll bide your time and watch them hilariously screw themselves over.
- Reaper: As the title suggests, an end of the line type song. In a certain way captures the essence of[EVERTRAPPED] in terms of the inescapable event that is death.
- Embrace The End: This also goes more or less as the title suggests. This is another song for the apocalypse but more at the actual hour of the end itself. A look at almost coming to terms with the fact that it was likely the fault of humanity and embracing the acceptance of such evil.
2015 – Under The Deep LP
2012 – The Anomaly LP
2010 – Tales From The Supermax LP
Shared Stage w/:
Kittie, Deicide, Anonymous, Blackguard, The Catalyst, The Agonist, BornBroken, Karkaos, Mononc Serge, Kalter, Distorthead, Decadawn, Fayne, Dark Century, Bookakee, Outlying, Suburban Disorder, Deathrow Six, Faithful Synthesis, Citizen Vicious, Death Brigade, Forbidden Sin, Ogenix, Kadraal, Death Lullaby, Crosstitution, Kess’Khtak, Paroxysm, Augury, Erimha, Skull Fist, Tribunal, Uriel, Lachrymanopsia, Order In Disorder, Through Death, The Poor Generation, Orital, Continental, Korpius, Cryptopsy, Derelict, Cryptik Howling, Decline Of Faith, Ancestors Revenge, Grim Skunk, B.A.R.F., Slaves On Dope, Profane Anthem, Dissenssion, Suffocation.
Trackbacks & Pingbacks
No incoming links found yet.